US dealers/sellers

cafecruzin

Two Stroke
why is it that it seems so difficult for many dealers and private individuals in the US to send goods overseas ?
I've not seen the same reluctance in companies and individuals in UK and EU.
I'm not US bashing just interested and a little frustrated in trying to purchase products from the US.
I'm in Australia

prolly cause most in the US normally only sell to the US whereas the rest of the world is more accustomed to shipping beyond the boundaries. We're spoiled, we can get almost everything we want here easily.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I think it's doable, but I also think most aftermarket guys don't have the expertise to do it right.:T

AceT100

Rocker
I send stuff overseas all the time for friends in the UK who buy stuff that the sellers won't ship.

After all, it means filling in an EXTRA form...pisses me off that sellers won't do it, a lot of them won't even take a bloody Credit Card from outside the USA!

D9

Vendor
why is it that it seems so difficult for many dealers and private individuals in the US to send goods overseas ?
I've not seen the same reluctance in companies and individuals in UK and EU.
I'm not US bashing just interested and a little frustrated in trying to purchase products from the US.
I'm in Australia

Rod,

Didn't know it was an issue... do you mean individuals or individual Triumph dealers? What parts are you attempting to source? As far as I know the vendors on this forum ship overseas without hesitation, I assumed most of the larger US-based parts & accessories suppliers will ship overseas as well. I'd say at least 25% of everything that leaves my shop goes outside the US - more to Australia than anywhere else in fact... followed by Canada, UK, Germany, Italy. With USPS, it's one small additional form,
a Customs Declaration CN-22... takes two minutes at most to fill out. With
USPS online, it's just as easy, but substantially more expensive to ship, not
sure why.