Twin clock upgrade

Brylcreem

Scooter
Hi all, I've been tempted to get a set of used twin clocks to replace my single speedo, I remember reading an article which said that from 2004 the electrics on the standard bonneville were compatible with the twin clock models, so you can just plug in and it's done, can't remember where I read this so I'm hoping someone here could tell me if that's correct or any opinions you may have on the subject that may help me make up my mind please,
Many thanks
Dave

If you buy used parts, make sure that you get everything listed in the instructions linked above, including the wiring harness and the odometer knob. You proably won't need the wire to the igniter, but you do need everything else in the kit.

Brylcreem

Scooter
Thanks Marty really good advice, can't buy one at the moment as bikes in to get sorted, she started coughing and stuttering so cleaned the jets and checked all cables and leads, filter but seemed to get worse, then battery died so thinking maybe alternator so she's in to get sorted, so saving my dosh for repair bill,
as my sig says if it wasn't for bad luck.......
Thanks again

Brylcreem

Scooter
hi, well the bike is now running much better so I got a used set of clocks, lucky for me the speedo only had 200 miles more than my own one so swapped the whole thing over, no need to fit my own one in, job done in about half an hour, very happy with the result.

Attachments

• my bonny.jpg
    my bonny.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: