tt's ?

northcountry

Two Stroke
Opinions on just removing the stock mufflers on a 04 T100 and using as a tt set up with some sort of baffle? Have seen a post in the past on this, but have searched and no can find. Did see where you can buy a tt set up with a reduced step in dia., but wondering if the stock pipes would work.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
The SS TT's are actually 'stepped' up in diameter...they are an 1 1/2" at the head...then go to 1 3/4" with a 10" baffle welded near the end of the exhaust...

northcountry

Two Stroke
tt's

Never had the snuff or nots on past bikes, but remember hearing about them. Sounds like the ticket as I don't get into towns that much anyhow. So, using the stock pipes for tt's, rather than the stepped specialty spares- would they work ok? I'm not to concerned about a few hp one way or other, just want the bike to sound better without breaking the bank. Has ample power now for our mainly two up short cruise riding, and I have my husaberg for my dual purpose toy. Later, will be doing suspension, fork brace and wider rear tire on the bonne for longer distance cruising. Thanks for the input koi, and have fun with the sidecar.

koifarm

Hooligan
I ran TT's with snuffrnots, open most of the time and closed at Daytona bike week. Seems like the cops there carry a short dowel with them, if it goes up your pipe without anything stopping it, it's a ticket. The snuffers stop that BS in it's tracks.
The snuffers don't change the HP or jetting significantly enough to warrant re jetting so they are nice and handy when you want some quiet.
I mount them about three or four inches in from the end of the pipe, with the little knob on them, you can hide that either under or behind the pipe.

Oxblood

750cc
Ran fine but felt like I lost low end power. Thats ok I didn't buy this bike to race.
I liked the way it sounded just took off mufflers and rejeted, no baffles. Very loud, almost too loud for me. Ran like this for the last year or so.
Going to a hi pipe setup now.

032909bikelandscape2.jpg

032909bikelandscape.jpg

--Oxblood

Last edited:

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Ran fine but felt like I lost low end power. Thats ok I didn't buy this bike to race.
--Oxblood

Amen! Mine runs Great too...the low end did loose a little, but I ride with or ahead all the Predators/Norman Hyde guys just fine...Never have a problem...

Loud...Hell F'n YES!!

running open headers sounds like crap, and any baffle you stuff in there will rob hp and tq.

I think 'Crap' is a bit much...they don't sound like ALL THE OTHER Bonnies out there, YES...but I would disagree they actually sound like crap...