Triumphs in Movies/TV Shows - Scene/Pic/Model

OK, someone suggested it wasn't covered... rather than stars on Triumphs, how about document Triumphs in Movies or TV Shows.

You have to name the movie/show and post at least one picture showing the Triumph in a scene. If you can identify the model, bonus points. (Of course you know the famous ones, we'll leave those as low-hanging fruit for someone...).

I'll start...

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Hagrid flies/rides Triumph (heard it is a 1959 T120 but not confirmed...) to deliver baby Harry to new home at the Dursleys at Number Four, Privet Drive.

Norcal Chuckles

Attachments

• Triumph_Hagrid.jpg
    Triumph_Hagrid.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Leather Boys

Now this is the best bike movie ever Bar none( watched 8 times now and all family love it and not into bikes). And it features the Thunderbird shown and a 1959 Bon, as well as Commandos, tigers, BSA"s plus plus plus. pretty sure this earns more points than harry potter and hagrids bike is a tiger or T/bird for sure (Pre 59 even)
attachment.php

Stanley Kubricks Clockwork Orange has a BSA Does that count?

Attachments

• leather-boys_0001.jpg
    leather-boys_0001.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mahart

Two Stroke
I'm not much for video games, but one came with my PS3. There is a good chase scene with a modern Bonnie and Speed Triples in Metal Gear Solid 4. You don't get to control it. It happens at a point in which a mini movie takes over. You do however, get to ride bitch and shoot at bad guys.

koifarm

Hooligan
Coogans Bluff has some great chase scenes through a park.....don't know who did the stunt driving but it may have been Clint??

em_dot

Street Tracker
roadside prophets...the character played by adam horovitz (of the beastie boys) rides a bonnie (think it's like a 68 or 69)

Roadside Prophets was on the Independent Film Channel (Ch 550 - Direct TV) a couple of nights ago. I watched parts of it. Not too bad. 1968 Bonnie if I believe...

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Great Escape or Magnum Force.

In both cases, the triumph was used as a stand-in for a different bike, in the Great Escape it was a stand in for BMW R71 or something. Elkins and McQueen both rode a Triumph TR6 Trophy.

In Magnum Force, the cops were riding Moto Guzzi californias, but for the end stunts on the aircraft carrier, a Triumph 500cc T100 Tiger was used.

Bonneville America dot com has a pretty good listing of movies that use Triumph bikes.

hxxp://www.bonnevilleamerica.com/spotlight.php