Triumph Vouchers

First time I have ever experienced "Bonus Bucks", or in this case "Triumph Vouchers", which could not be used towards the purchase price of the motorcycle.
I've always purchased Honda motorcycles in the past and never had this problem. But since I was out of riding for five years and wanted a small bike, I ended up purchasing the Triumph Bonniville.
The bike is nice and the price was right, but the voucher policy is a bit off.
I wasn't looking to put any accessories on the bike, but now I had $1000 worth of Triumph Vouchers that could ONLY be used on genuine Triumph Accessories.
So I go on line and find the accessories for the Bonniville limited.
I find the Jacket selection to be good however, there is no tall man sizes.
I could not even use the vouchers towards the first scheduled maintenance, only accessories that are replaced, i.e. the oil filter.
And the kicker was if you did not use the full value of the voucher you lost the remaining value. So if I paid for a new oil filter at $9.99 I lost $215.00.
So I ended up "wasting" the vouchers on items I did not want - Tall Windshield, Windshield Lock, Gel Seat, Locking Gas Cap, 2 Pint Beer Glasses, Teddy Bear.
Hope the rest of my experience with Triumph goes a little better.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The experience you should be into is the actual riding of the bike. I've had my Bonnie for quite a while now and it still lights up my nose hairs.:rocks:

Kirkus51,
The experience of riding the bike will not be affected by the voucher scenario.
So far 100 miles and I am enjoying every mile.

A fellow NJ Trumpet rider... Welcome and good to see another Triumph rider in these Jersey neck of the woods.
What dealer did you purchase the bike at? Curious to know if its one in Jersey that im thinking of and not too fond of. Congrats, by the way!

HoldenaTriumph
Thanks, maybe see you on road one day.
Purchased at Xtreme Machines, Hwy 33, west of Freehold.
Felt like after purchase no longer mattered, did not even receive follow up call to see how things are going.
Things seem to have changed in the years since I last rode. Previously purchased Honda motorcycles and always got a follow up call.

Yep... that's exactly where i had a feeling you got it from.

Probably the worst stealership i've ever been to. A lot of bad experiences there from my end, as well. I hate that they're the closest parts shop to me when it comes to parts that are hard to find. But other than that, they're useless and so is their sales team.

Good luck with the bike and hopefully we'll catch each other on the road. If you're ever in the area where Extreme Machines is, shoot me a PM here or email [email protected]. A buddy of mine (07 America) and me (07 Bonneville) ride around the surrounding areas pretty often.

Cheers!

Jason

Gonna try Metuchen Triumph for the 500 mile maintenance, they are actually closer.
I did not go to them originally because of discrepancies regarding their website listed prices and in store pricing.
I did stop by and the sales rep I spoke to seemed friendly enough as did the parts rep.

DIRK

750cc
The voucher program was changed a bit ago and they can be used to lower the price of a bike purchase started mid July). Not that it helps you now. go scare some cars