Triumph Thunderbird Storm = drooooll!!!

Easy13

Street Tracker
Haven't researched it, but I wonder if the T'bird responds well to airbox/exhaust mods like the Bonne. It'd be alot of fun to do to this what we do with the Bonnevilles. OK, so it's big and heavy. Makes for a smooth long-hauler. And that kind of rear wheel HP to start with? Hmmmm....It'd be quite a beast.

Last edited:

EDG1911

Street Tracker
I'll never own another bike with forward controls....

I gotta agree with this. as much as I like my speedy...the forwards kill me after a short time.

T-bird seems like a bulky version of an America with the added disbenefit of being water cooled....and looking like most other cruisers.

Any of you guys ridden a Thunderbird and Bonnie back to back.
The T/Bird is only a bit down on power to weight but up a bit on torque to weight. I have both bikes and find the T/Bird to be an excellent bike. On a long distance it is far better than the Bonnie; I have completed two 5000km plus rides this year on it. The extra torque makes it fun to wind on from slow speeds; the bike just digs in and goes.
Sure it's a heavy bike and not to everybodies taste but it's still one hell of a machine with the right name on the tank.

Exactly. I test rode a thunderbird and was impressed how it handles and the torque it has.