Triumph Panniers

DandyDoug

750cc
From everyting I have seen and read, I suggest you save your money and buy something else. There are any number of better quality options and often at a better price.

BobM

Two Stroke
I have a set of those, and for everday use, running to the store for small items they are quite adequate. I hauled a 10 lb pork roast, 6 lb Ital Sausage, 6 lb Brats, and 4 lb Carne Assada home in them last Saturday from the butchers. The attached rain cover, while no great shakes, does work. If you want something for long trips; longer than a weekend, or more than 1 person, keep looking.

Bob

BornAgain

Scooter
Hey BobM what time do we eat? Man thats a lot of meat in one bike. Throw overs are nice for the occasional trip but if your looking for daily use. Hard side luggage is the only way to go. The only two that have a mount for the Bonnie are Hepco Becker or Givi. I have the H&B 40l Juniors and don't know how I got by without them.

ivar

TT Racer
Got them with the bike. IMO, they're ok, nothing more. Somewhat small opening on top, and larger items is hard to get into them.
As for the water covers, they don't cover the inside at all, water coming from the back wheel will make the bags soaking wet in less than 100 miles.
Also not very impressed with how they attach to the panier rails.

BobM

Two Stroke
Born Again,
Between the Smoaker and Wood Grill, I cooked for 6 hrs that day.
Let it cool down and Vac-Seal, no major cooking during the week, just defreeze and heat up with veggies and rice, or taters, or noodles.
I work 4 -10's so one day is grill/cook day.

DandyDoug

750cc
Hey Bornagain,

Got any pictures of the bike with the hard bags mounted ?
I am considering a set for mine to replace my throw over's.

DandyDoug

750cc
Thanks for the picture, man those things are huge !
They must hold a couple of weeks of stuff on a trip. LOL

I have reverse cone Staintunes on my 05 T100 and wonder if the bags would fit or if the pipes are at an angle that would interfere with them ??

I take it you have the full mounting brackets set up for the Hepco & Beker bags and top box ? or did you fab up something yourself ?

Do they effect handling ?
Seems like if they were fully loaded they could add a lot of weight to the rear of the bike.??

Nice looking touring set up !!
I like it !!

BornAgain

Scooter
Those are the 40l size. NewBonneville has the 30l but Brit can probably get the larger cases. I bought the mounts from NewBonneville and I asked about fitting issues and was told they haven't had any problems with any of the after market exhaust they sell. The side cases can hold my full face helmet (size small) its a tight squeeze but it fits. I haven't taken any long trips with them yet but I had them loaded up with my tools this past week end no problems. They do make my butt look big but its kinda of grow on me and I like the convenance of being able to lock things up.

doggmc16

Scooter
Fabric Panniers

I have a brand new set at home in the box which I am looking to sell. They are not large, but look very good on the bike.

WetSparks

Scooter
Got the full Givi set up. 36L panniers and a 42L top box complete with additional brake lights in it.

The top rack is the Rentek and the side frames are Norman Hyde.

Boxes-1.jpg

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Got the full Givi set up. 36L panniers and a 42L top box complete with additional brake lights in it.

Boxes-1.jpg

My big complaint with the GIVI setup is that you have to move the rear blinkers..

I went with a custom setup that worked pretty well. The panniers were still there even after laying it down. My only complaint was that they were pretty small.

GoldBeachOR.jpg

RoyNC

Street Tracker

Boxes-1.jpg

Hey Sparks,

Did the Givi side racks from Norman Hyde come with the turn indicator extensions or did you need to get a "kit?"

This set up looks exactly like what I have been looking for.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
those bags just . . .. just arent for me I suppose, it's why i have a backpack. . .and a tank bag that is quick to get off and on