Triple Tee from a 2004 Thrux on a 2009 Thrux!

Hello Folks,
Simple question - Would a Top Triple Tree from a 2004 Thruxton fit a 2009 EFI Thruxton?
After being rear ended and on replacing the bent handle bars, it looks a bit skewed. A clip on and the triple tee would be a way forward. Basically all its got to do is to make the whole kit ‘look’ fine and dandy.
Please revert.
Reg,
BB

A guy on the other forum did it and I ordered one for my 2011 too. He told me it was just a quick bolt on, but I won't know until I get my part in.

Bonafide

NBR founder
A guy on the other forum did it and I ordered one for my 2011 too. He told me it was just a quick bolt on, but I won't know until I get my part in.

Why would it be any different than any other top triple tree mount?

Good thing we keep getting these 3rd party tech advice tips from 'this guy' on the 'that other forum'.

:snack:

D9

Vendor
From recent observation...

If you set the top yoke from a 1st generation standard bonneville / T100 on top of a 1st gen thruxton top yoke... the forks holes align, the stem nut holes do not.

The top yoke of the new generation Thruxtons looks almost identical to the top yoke used on 2001 and up Bonnevilles & T100s... bracket mounting bosses cast into the part... but looks can be deceiving, it may be a completely different part.

FWIW... The Scrambler has its own unique top yoke... so does the Bonneville SE... that's at least four different top yokes in circulation on these bikes, possibly five if the new generation Thrux top yoke is in fact unique to it. Not really relevant here, but there's various aftermarket top yokes as well... sorting what aligns and swaps out to what can
get interesting.

IF the new thruxton top yoke is in fact a rehashed 1st Generation Bonneville / T100 unit, the 1st generation Thrux top yoke
will not swap out... at that point it seems you'd need the top AND bottom yoke from a 1st gen thrux. But, if the new
Thruxton is using it's own unique top yoke and geometry from the 1st generation bike has been carried over, then it seems
that the swap could work.

Guess you won't know until you try it...

Last edited: