Top 10 tools to carry on you

510Triumph

Scooter
I am thinking if making a custom tool roll.

I have a 2010 T100.

What would be the top 10 tools(or anything) that would be good to have on long rides.

Large crescent wrench?
Socket wrench?
Metric hex bits?
Metric torx bits?
High temp liquid gasket?
Cocain?
Whiskey?

Thanks for your thoughts.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Well I would suggest a small socket set with 8, 10, 12, 13 14mm sockets at the very least. A lot of the bolts are 8mm. Also any relevant hex keys. Not so keen on the crescent wrench! Could be useful I guess.

I would stick a couple of rags in there, and maybe a couple of screwdrivers. After that, I don't know. I think a cell phone is the best tool!

What are the common things that might go wrong? If you could put 10 gallons of fuel in your tool roll I would take that, but it tends to be overly bulky.

Flathead Screwdriver
Phillips Screw Driver
3/8" Drive Ratchet with Sockets in sizes 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm
3/8" Drive Hex Head Sockets in sizes 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, and 8mm (5mm removes the seat if need be)
Knipex Pliers Wrench 6" size
Spark Plugs

I don't know. I don't have a tool roll.

Roger

Street Tracker
Knipex Pliers Wrench 6" size
Wow. Someone that knows quality tools. When I look at the tools my co-workers use, I just laugh. Basically a box of hammers and Crescent wrenches. I use Weha and Knipex in my work toolkit. A good tool will make a big difference in versatility and compact size too.

In addition to what has already been mentioned... Zip-ties.
These are a must. Good call. I would add black tape (rubber solder) to that. But it has to be quality as well. Not that cheap shit from overseas.

Wow. Someone that knows quality tools. When I look at the tools my co-workers use, I just laugh. Basically a box of hammers and Crescent wrenches. I use Weha and Knipex in my work toolkit.

Yep. When I started at my work we had a scattering of random Job Lot tools and everyone would fight over them. After a couple of years of this I found myself running the online sales area and bought everyone Wiha and Knipex tools, as well as (holy smokes) toolboxes.

At home I use Wiha, Knipex and Stahlwille, but I also don't overlook that Craftsman makes good serviceable tools. I'm about 40% American, 40% German, 20% UK when it comes to tools.

Sorry to thread jack. I could actually talk tools all day.

510Triumph

Scooter
So much learning!

1) 10 gallons of gas
2) zip ties
3) credit card/cash
4) monkey butt powder.

Greatest tool roll ever!

Thank you for all the OTHER suggestions too.

Roger

Street Tracker
I'm about 40% American, 40% German, 20% UK when it comes to tools.
That's a good blend of sources. There are other good quality tool makers out there. Problem is sourcing them.

I've got two multi-purpose tools in my pack. One is called a cattleman's tool, the other is like a Swiss Army knife only with wrenches.
Multi purpose tools are great for saving on weight and space. That Cattlemans tool looks interesting. I would like to see a picture of the Swiss Army tool with the wrenches. That sounds interesting.

squidsix

Scooter
Seriously, and not joking at all, I upgraded my insurance coverage to include a great roadside assistance program. Piece of mind more than anything else.
That said, I have a little watertight pouch in the now-defunct airbox with 12, 13, 14mm wrenches, a couple of allen keys, and a simple leatherman multitool.

510Triumph

Scooter
Seriously, and not joking at all, I upgraded my insurance coverage to include a great roadside assistance program. Piece of mind more than anything else.
That said, I have a little watertight pouch in the now-defunct airbox with 12, 13, 14mm wrenches, a couple of allen keys, and a simple leatherman multitool.

I'll have to call and see if I have anything like that too!

Kirkus51

Hooligan
here's the other multi-tool I carry from Pitposse. I could swear I got it on Amazon too, but I couldn't find it.

KingBear

Hooligan
I've kitted up for the rare road trip (anything overnight) but fortunately never had occasion to tear into my bike on the side of the road. For everyday riding my normal kit is my mobile phone and a spare battery, AAA membership with motorcycle coverage, and a Gerber multi-tool.