Tool`s

Boofhead

Banned
Not another tool thread :eeek:
Having just traded my America in on a T100 i am trying to figure out where to carry a few tool
Not for me you understand but for others , you know how it is
I don't want to use saddle bags on this bike , any suggestions would be grateful

dschief

750cc
I use a small Cortech magnetic tank bag that I keep the essentials in: spark plugs, plug wrench, medium length ball end allen wrench set, 8" adjustable wrench, old digital camera, pen and paper, lighter, and maybe a few other things that I'm forgetting. Works fine for me, and it comes off in about 3 seconds.

DandyDoug

750cc
On my 05 T100 , I carry some simple tools in a rag under the seat just behind the battery. They have come in handy to help out other riders on the road a couple of times.

nohawk

Rocker
If you carve up your stock airbox and use pod airfilters you can stash enough tools to remove you carbs on the road by using the space where the old filter was.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I have a small Pencil box under the seat behind the battery. Picked it up at Wally World for 99 Cents. I'd like to make one of the nice boxes to go below my pods, but this works well for now.

StorageBox3.jpg

simpson

TT Racer
RumRunner, I am stealing your idea.

The only tools I carry are my mobile phone and an Alien bicycle multi-tool from my mountain biking days....and I tend to ride with people smarter than me.

-simpson

Kappy

Two Stroke
I keep the Triumph tool pouch under my seat ( have the single seat mounted) but so far no need for action ....guess based what I have read so far in the forum there is actually very little chance that the tools come to action - hope so -:) !

Kappy

Easy13

Street Tracker
If you carve up your stock airbox and use pod airfilters you can stash enough tools to remove you carbs on the road by using the space where the old filter was.

You could also velcro a small tool pouch to the inside of the left side cover. The old Norton Commandos had a tool slot inside the right cover; very convienient, and on a Commando the tools were never left in there long enough to get rusty!

I have actually started carrying tools under my seat on the Bon. It also helps with clearance issue on scrambler seat I use and this seat actually cutting out bike when carrying a pillion !
Also have a sissy bar rack on back so sometimes carry a leather roll bag. Know u said not interested in saddlebags. But I have an A/market saddlebag bracket thats black powdercoated and really does not notice too much, which I use to carry a college type bag on overnighters. Have one side for sale actually, as only use one side myself.

luggage_brackets2.jpg

Attachments

• mybikerecent.jpg
    mybikerecent.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
  • pratbracketsm.jpg
    pratbracketsm.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I replaced the "& rack" from my single seat and rack with a cowl and keep a tool kit under the cowl zip tied to the seat base using the bolt holes for the rack.

Last edited:
I have a small Pencil box under the seat behind the battery. Picked it up at Wally World for 99 Cents. I'd like to make one of the nice boxes to go below my pods, but this works well for now.

StorageBox3.jpg

Fantastic idea mate! I'll see if I can find an old tin cigar box. I'll of course want to replace my seat bolts with the quick release one. :D

Boofhead

Banned
I had a look at the W800 today and they have a real tool kit under the lockable seat that has hinges , and a centre stand and a helmet lock
Not bad looking about the same price as the Bonnie SE but with spoke wheels and a tacho
There you go i just high jacked my own thread
Thanks for the ideas on tools by the way

Is actually a thread on W800 here and I agree its a nice bike with some great extras, dont like speedo tho.
I am actually quite interested and watching for a W650. But the Bon is staying either way.

BTW if change mind re saddlebag or bracket (at least on one side) have I got a swap proposition 4 u :)