To Re Map or Not to Re Map

Bonneville1

Scooter
Sorry if this has been covered previously, I have decided on Triumph TORs for my 2009 efi Bonnie, How important is the re-map? do I really need to have it done?

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
It has been discussed in some length here so if you want further perspective...dig around some recent threads.
Short answer is...no foul to running the stock map with Tors if you don't open up the airbox in particular. For optimal performance either Arrow map is better than the Tors map but only worth installing it if you make it to the dealer maybe for something else.
I run the stock map with Tors and the bike runs beautifully.
A further note, is remove the AI if you want a smoother throttle and no popping on decel with the Tors.
Cheers.

tbirdsp

Scooter
I agree 100% with Speed3Chris. I have been running mine with TORs and the stock map. I may be down a few HP on top but the bike runs smoothly and still gets decent fuel mileage. Personally I will probably just leave it as-is. Ultimate performance is not why I bought this bike.

I currently have the air injection disabled (search "marble trick") but I am going to do the removal soon. The important thing on the EFI bikes is you have to install a resistor to replace the solenoid valve. Not a big deal.
In addition to the benefits Speed3Chris mentioned I think AI removal reduces the bluing of the pipes.

I just installed a set of TORS on my 09 T100 last week without changing the map.. The bike runs perfect just like before, but sounds much better.. Even the dealership owner who is the head mechanic said I did not need the remap. The computer will compensate. The bike is stone stock otherwise. It does not even pop on decel. One day I would like to do the AI removal like Speed3Chris has done for a cleaner look around the spark plug.

Allen... Will ride for food !