Time for some rubber

blkthrux

Two Stroke
I'm getting ready to get some new tires for my Thrux. So, I figured while I'm at it I'll update her with some 17" Excel rims. I'm looking for some input on tire selection. I'm thinking Michelin Power Pilots. Anybody out there have any thoughts?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
this reminds me i need to add something to my list before I go to the store. . . whatever you do. Some were speaking of the pirelli scorpion syncs very highly, or as always sport demons

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
I ran the pilot powers on my thrux - the back lasts about 2000 miles, I did some research on sport bike forums and this it seems, is typical. I now run Sport Demons and get about 3500 miles out of a rear, better, but I'd like to get something that lasts 5000- 6000 without giving up too much grip. The Michelins are very grippy, but YOU SEE how much wear has occurred after a hard 300 mile day.

Bonafide

NBR founder
I've got the sport demons on my Thrux ... and me and Thrux-ton-up will run the same roads at the same speeds and some how, he'll wipe a back tire to shreds. I get about 1k more miles out of mine than he does. We cant figure out why.

I'm gunna give the Dunlop Roadsmarts a run on my 17" ers...I read good reports so thats what I'll start with and I'll let you know what I find...

Cheers man...

Bret....:)

Dawgone

Two Stroke
For Stock Triumph Wheels - I still think the Sport Demons are the absolute best.

I mounted a set of Bridgestone BT016(s) the new multi-compound on the S3 and they're phenomenal. Looks like I'll get about 3,000 outta the rear on the S3. Way better feel & grip than the Pirelli Rosso.

FWIW