Time for a custom seat - suggestions?

gcrider

Street Tracker
Stock seat - um.....NO.

Gel seat - no good for me either. I can feel my "sit bones" after about 1/2 hour and start squirming around. Very uncomfortable. I'd also like a little more seat height.

Thinking of going to Sargent to have my stock seat reworked. Taller foam, firmer foam, but retain the stock look.

Anyone have experience with these guys?

PM Hankmarx, he has a badass seat guy in Austin that does great work for not much money. I've seen his seat in person and it is very well done. I'm going to send my seat to the guy.

curezee

Street Tracker
FWIW I had great experience changing from the stock seat to the solo seat with rack. Try one if you can.
:c

gcrider

Street Tracker
I have the solo seat - it came with my bike in addition to the stocker. I put the Ventura rack kit on the bike, and the solo seat/rack with the Ventura setup just looks bad. Probably going to sell it. I really need to 2-up room too. When I take a passenger, this is the bike I do it on.

hankmarx

750cc
There's a nice seat in the classifieds right now that you may dig.

Hell yes. That thing is good looking.

I redid my seat with a local Austin guy, He has only done tiny solo seats before mine. He added an 1 1/2 of good foam. I did it for my ass and the legroom.:c

gcrider

Street Tracker
Yup - legroom. I rode my other bike yesterday - a '99 Cagiva Gran Canyon. Never got sore. The seat to peg distance is greater and the seat is narrower on that bike. That's what I'm looking for on the Scram seat - the ability to open up the hip angle a little bit, narrow up the old ironing board and firm up the padding. Want to keep a stock appearance as much as possible though.

I saw the one for sale and while it's nice, I think I need something a little different.

Rusk

moped
I've been looking for something similar. Watching this thread with interest. If you find anything, let us know.

JasonJ

moped
Hell yes. That thing is good looking.

I redid my seat with a local Austin guy, He has only done tiny solo seats before mine. He added an 1 1/2 of good foam. I did it for my ass and the legroom.:c

Hey, whats the name of the Austin guy?

hankmarx

750cc
Hey Jason, where are you located? Only 9 more posts and you get private messaging...

Mark

Last edited:

gcrider

Street Tracker
Well, the stock seat is off to Sargent. I'm having them take 1/2" off of the stock foam, and add 1-1/2" of their SuperCell foam. Also having them narrow it up a little - just to reduce some of the width between your legs. I'll report back with pics and a road test report once I get it back. Stay tuned.

koifarm

Hooligan
Sargent is one of the best out there. The special foam they use is wonderful for comfort.
A friend of mine had one custom made, he actually went to the shop and they sat him on a seat form, marked where his butt was and constructed a custom seat to fit his butt exactly. They used a combination of what was there already, (re did a bonneville seat) and some fancy new kind of foam (Super Cell Atomic Foam) and manufacture new custom covers for your new shaped seat.
You can't go wrong, hope you post some pics of your new ass cushion!