Thruxton tach on Bonneville

Would this work? if i was to find a good condition Thruxton tachometer, speedometer unit could I install it on my Bonneville?

Thanks.

Yeah I like the white faces better and I need a tach anyway. If I can find a surplus part on ebay or someplace I'll just swap to the Thrux.

the Thrux speedo drive is different than the Bonnie due to the 18" vs 19" front wheels, so the mph will be off a bit.

isn't the stock speedo a bit inaccurate anyway? i never really trust the thing

Surprisingly not - I had my 07 BB tapped out in top recently and the speedo was reading 110. I was running a GPS at the time and that showed 106, so pretty accurate IMO.

Cheers,

Pikey.

KingBear

Hooligan
That's exactly the variance everyone seems to experience, Pikey. The speedo indicates 4-5mph faster than actual.

Rocker

Two Stroke
I think that the speedo mechanisms are the same except for the face, the difference in wheel size is adjusted for by the Thrux having a different gear drive ratio at the frt hub.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Good luck finding one. I've had an alert setup on eBay since the last time I saw one and got beat on the auction but nothing has come up. The last time I saw a set on eBay was about 6 or 7 months ago.

D9

Vendor
+1... bid on several over the years... prices alwasy got pretty damn high & I opted out or got beat out each time. Thrux gauges in good shape seem tough to score, especially a set. Anything in demand... gotta be quick on your keys ;)

sportyone

Street Tracker
+1... bid on several over the years... prices alwasy got pretty damn high & I opted out or got beat out each time. Thrux gauges in good shape seem tough to score, especially a set. Anything in demand... gotta be quick on your keys ;)

who needs a thruxton setup on your Bonne,
when you have this beauty , eh D9 ? ;)

Attachments

• IRP_7997A.jpg
    IRP_7997A.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0

D9

Vendor
sportyone... was looking at the setup done for yours, and began imagining the following
variation: the white-faced stock Thruxton tach in place of the stock speedo... a white-faced 48mm/1.9" mini speedo in place of the mini tach... stripping the factory paint off the stock dash casting and finishing it finely bead-blasted raw aluminum, and possibly doing satin-finish raw aluminum speedo and tach cans & underbracket.

Only concern right now... not sure if I'd have clearance for the speedo cable on the mini speedo to clear the back of the headlamp as it has that damn 90 degree connection.

Anyway... just letting the gears turn, as ever. ;)