Thruxton pipes on a Bonnie

mano

Scooter
Apologies if this has already been covered,
anyone know if it's possible to make a straight swap -putting Thruxton headers and mufflers on a Bonnie?
Are there issues regarding side stand/ center stand, footpegs?
I've got an '07 Bonnie, carbed.

mano

Scooter
Forget that request, found what I was looking for,
this already came up on another thread.

kdlutes

Scooter
Hey, where's the "other thread"?

I just put Thruxie headers and silencers on my T100 and see I've got issues with the side stand. I've got a plan, but hoping someone here has a better plan.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
BigTed, You must not own a T-100. Because a T-100's stock pipes employ a kink in the tubing before where the silencers slip on. Stock standard Bonnies have kicked up silencers and do not use "the kink"

KingBear

Hooligan
Look again... The header turns upward at the end on both the Bonnie and the Thrux. The Bonnie pipe turns back down so it is horizontal. The Thrux continues up at the angle from the header.[Self edit, I had the angles right but the juxtaposition of the hangers and footpegs wrong]. I believe they are interchangeable. [Which they are]

Last edited:

kdlutes

Scooter
I have a 2004 T100. I got a set of Thruxton silencers but they wouldn't work with the Bonneville headers without bending the Bonneville headers. A couple of years later I got a set of used Thruxton headers and was finally able to bolt them on. So, in my experience, Thruxton silencers require Thruxton headers, but if you have both Thruxton headers and silencers, they will bolt right on.

The only problem I had is the T100 side stand hits the cans in when in the up position. To resolve, I fabbed up a little metal tab that bolts on using the same bolt that attaches the cans to the headers. So now, the side stand hits my little metal tab instead of the shiny chrome cans. I can post a pick if anyone wants to see it.

rodburner

Rocker
I love the look of the angled up Thrux headers/exhaust, gotta find me a pair for cheap
Just try to show some restraint..
Dadsbikepics545.jpg

sportyone

Street Tracker
way to go is with late model EFI Thruxton pipes !

mine is a carb'd 2008, fitted now with the larger diameter pipes, off late a model EFI Thruxton & I can truly say it made one hell of a difference !

Of course some of the added HP could also be the great original tune by Asian Charlie here in Melbourne & Pieman in the UK speciality work on the igniter etc coming together. :banana:

had no problems fitting them up with my Madaz mufflers :)

Attachments

• IRP_8854NEW.jpg
    IRP_8854NEW.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1