thruxton full fairing

cafecruzin

Two Stroke
Well it's done. some of you may remember a post a while back about a full fairing for the Thruxton/Bonneville's .I have installed it on my bike and here are my impressions.
1.quality of product.
The fairing and fastenings top marks bloody good
paint, average but considering the lack of extra cost to me it's more than fair.
2.ease of install
note to self. read instructions you bloody idiot
all in all once I stopped took a deep breath read instructions the rest was dead easy though time consuming.
3.and most important how does it effect the ride.
This is a race inspired fairing so it does not in a normal riding position keep wind off tops shoulders /face(Davida helmet) and if anything adds a little to noise levels at speed .
in the tucked in position it's bloody brilliant.
The bike is much more slippery .I find I am braking more instead of relying on engine brake and the sail effect of my bulk.
I have not felt any adverse affects of cross winds. Perth is renowned for its winds so it was a concern for me.
It also seems to be getting a little better fuel economy
was it worth the money
yes! It is extremely light adding almost nothing in extra weight
I would deal with the person /company again in a heart beat
http://www.farleyandace.com
6f44ab3a.jpg

e42cc442.jpg

100e76d5.jpg

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Thanks man!

Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing. I've a new style available without the nosecone. Image shows 3/4 size in black primer ready for paint.:worthy:

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Man oh Man, that is one helluva nice looking machine with the fairing on it....I've always had a soft spot in my heart for full fairings and that one is very sweet...very.....
Nice job on that one...Cafe, I love the way the windscreen fairs in to the whole look...awesome looking unit...looks like it's going a ton just sitting there.....not bad in the cost department really....and well worth the $$.

drlapo

Hooligan
very nice but has anyone tried the fairings from clubmanracing.com at 1/3 to 1/2 the price?

did your fairing include mounts in the price?

mickric

moped
bewdiful!

Hey mate,going on the toy run at Belmont Park on Saturday? i would love to see the fairing in the flesh,so to speak! Mick