Thruxton down

Greyfox2

Scooter
This morning I stopped at the store, came out and my 2012 Thuxton wouldn't start. Headlight comes on when the ignition is turned on but the speedo check system does not function and all is dead with the start button. Checked all the fuses and for loose wires, but no dice. It's under warranty so will have to bring it in. Any ideas what could be going on?

qwenzel

Two Stroke
Since your bike is a EFI Thrux, how's your battery ? Is it fully charged ? If not the bike won't start. I think Triumph has a different map out to help with this problem.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Well I think that's happened to everyone at some point, just most are lucky enough to catch it before we get to posting.

hankmarx

750cc
It damn sure happened to me, three states away in a cafe parking lot after lunch. Bike would not start, full blown panic attack for 15 minutes, til I look at the red switch. The one I never touch. It still took a minute for it to set in, someone had ''helped'' me and set the switch to off. Yes I did feel like a dumbass, but I was damn happy it was not worse.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
It damn sure happened to me, three states away in a cafe parking lot after lunch. Bike would not start, full blown panic attack for 15 minutes, til I look at the red switch. The one I never touch. It still took a minute for it to set in, someone had ''helped'' me and set the switch to off. Yes I did feel like a dumbass, but I was damn happy it was not worse.

It could be worse. I had a call from a buddy of mine (new to boating) floating in his new boat off of Tybee Island because the boat wouldn't start. He had attached the safety lanyard because he saw the safety patrol, and when he got up it disconnected. Pretty damn funny, but I couldn't be there to watch :D

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
I bet you 5 dollars its the clutch sensor.

Happened to me.

wiggle it around... or pop it out and press it by hand. You need a little screw driver to poke the hole under where it connects.