Thrux Ped Slicer

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I've been contemplating and talking over in the thrux section about this and finally got to it. Pics coming as soon as i figure out how to get the format changed. I will say the bike does look good without a front fender as it sits now. The ped slicer was 41 bucks shipped off of fleabay and then add in about 5 bucks for paint and sandpaper I already had, presto, cool ass ped slicer.:rock: I contemplated a long while on what to put on it, i had it narrowed down to the same as the bike from the great escape, but I think I'll most likely just end up going with my actual plate numbers on it. The one thing I have run into with this modification is that under full compression the ped slicer does contact with the regulator rectifier. Luckily for me uncle sam is giving me a bit o refund and I'm going to race tech the whole front end, :rocks:so it should make bottoming out the front suspension much more impossible. Pics soon!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Pictures

Here are some shots. Marking, drilling, goofing around.

Attachments

• photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
More drilling, mock up, and test fitment to bike!
She's looking good, this is pre sanding and painting

Attachments

• photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Different angles and a shot of how close it is to the regulator rectifier. This is my only concern, guess i wont be hopping off of curbs anymore.

Attachments

• photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo(12).jpg
    photo(12).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Hanging to dry. I decided to get a little interesting with the paint, its a gloss black but for the ped slicer i intentionally splattered to paint to give it a more rough look, it came out quite well I think, and with flat white lettering should look really good. The rest will be done in the next couple days

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0

rodburner

Rocker
Well,you can move your horn to the old AI mount under the tank,then enlarge one of the mounting holes in the rectifier and bolt it on to the old horn mounting location.You would have to re-route the wiring harness some,but hey,its winter,right? And yes,I do know,Its never winter in Texas.blah,blah,blah......

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Thanks RB. . . that ain't a bad idea I might have to try that if im still getting contact after my racetech of the front end.

rodburner

Rocker
I`m kinda simple minded,but unless you lengthen the forks or tubes OR make them so stiff that they don`t compress all the way ie, giving less travel,then wouldn`t you always have the possibility of contact?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Yea, I'm going to be adding a racetech kit to the front end, so, after I do that I'll see if I get any contact under hard riding. I'm a stick figure basically so, it is difficult to completely compress the front end unless i grab the front brake like the hulk, at speed, and that's with the stock front suspension.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Well the stencil has been entirely a huge bitch, the woman is printing out one on cardstock today that I'm going to punch out and hopefully get the thing painted tomorrow