thinking about another bike soon

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
amazingly, I just looked at the nameless online auction site and found this ER600N for $4895.You can't beat that.Its an hour away from me. How can I buy that little 500 when this beast is only $800 more?
IMG_3607.JPG

nohawk

Rocker
I do like the swingarm and the shock but i cant get past the headlight on the er6n or the versys, buttugly IMO. The versys is a really,really good bike from all ive heared and at 5k for a new one I could probably learn to live with the funky front end.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Thats a brand new bike, never titled,with a warranty and its $4895 plus a $495 prep charge.The more I look at it, the more I like the silver frame. It has some nice curves and I love the look of the rear suspension setup. But the light and cowling are fugly.

Last edited:
Thats a brand new bike, never titled,with a warranty and its $4895 plus a $495 prep charge.The more I look at it, the more I like the silver frame. It has some nice curves and I love the look of the rear suspension setup. But the light and cowling are fugly.

Sal, see pics below. My mate Tim had the same thoughts as you and cleaned up the front end with twin headlights. The ER6 is very popular here and if you go for one and want details of Tim's mods I'll be happy to help.

IMG_0067Large.jpg

IMG_0076Large.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

Today innominate was kind enough to let me thrash on his FZ1 and Tiger 1050. Man what fun! It was hard to say which one I'd rather park in my garage.

The Tiger, as big as it is, loves to be thrown around like a sport bike and the triple motor just goes and goes in any gear at any rpm. Throw it in 3rd, set it and forget it. It also sounds fantastic.

The FZ1 was a lightning bolt, and had fantastic brakes. I found myself naturally shifting at 5,000-6,000 rpms only to realize I was missing out on another 6,000 rpms before redline. So I wicked it up to redline at full throttle and it felt like I was going to time travel into next year. It was a sweet handler too, and the carbon exhaust on it produced a wonderful sound.

Last edited: