Thinking about an Arai Vector - anyone got one?

gcrider

Street Tracker
Looking for some feedback on this lid before I drop a load of $$. My Shoei RF900 needs to be retired. The Vector really fits well, but just looking for some input from someone who's owned one.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Love mine. The number one thing I like about mine is it fits my head. This is my 2nd Arai Vector. I replaced my first one after I thumped it off the pavement during a low side get off.

I bought both mine (Phil Reed replicas) from ridersdirect on ebay. They accepted my $375 offer on their auction.

Carnation

Street Tracker
I've crashed heavily in a Vector, landing on my head when rearended by a car travelling at high speed. It saved me, and I bought another to replace it.

They're light, comfortable and well ventilated.

neuroboy

750cc
I've crashed heavily in a Vector, landing on my head when rearended by a car travelling at high speed. It saved me, and I bought another to replace it.

They're light, comfortable and well ventilated.

. . . and horribly expensive. can't really bring myself to buy a helmet that's almost 250% more expensive than an scorpion and maybe 25% more comfortable.

edit: i say that having spent time last saturday trying on helmets. as nice as it was it was really only going on and off that it felt noticeably different for me and i just can't bring myself to drop that kinda dough on one. as thruxnut said "that's a downpayment on a new bike"

Last edited:

Carnation

Street Tracker
You're lucky to get them so cheap. Mine was £350, not $.

Maybe they are expensive, but I know Arai's work having destroyed 3.

koifarm

Hooligan
Bonneville

You're lucky to get them so cheap. Mine was £350, not $.

Maybe they are expensive, but I know Arai's work having destroyed 3.

Carnation, darnation i love that yeller and black paint in your avatar, that your bike now?

marthruxton

Two Stroke
I have the Vector and love it. The shield works as it should when it should. It is light and the wind doesn't push it around. Glad I bought it. My other helmet is a Shoe and I prefer the Vector.

Gretsch

Rocker
I love my Phil Reed replica. I had a Scorpion but it never fit me right. The Vector is the shiznit. They're expensive but they feel great and as others have said, they work.