The World Cup

The World Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Booooooo.....that's all that could be heard from the Brit above the roar from the yanks in the pub here in AZ today. So I'm eating humble pie to you lot right now, abosof*ckinglutley! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

A mate received a text from a mate back in the UK shortly after the four-limbed goalie dash...it read:
What the difference between Robert Green (UK Goalie) and a potato?
Potatoes don't suck a$$.

'Nuf said

Cheers
Peter..a very out-numbered Canadian Brit living in the US desert...

(On the plus side wifie an I had a great ride to the pub in 90F weather :D. Her first ride since an off 2 months back)

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
just to show you how casual I am about this, i was stunned to see South Korea kick ass in their game. They really looked good against Greece.

I also assumed that Brazil is in it and I haven't heard word one about their team.

My priority in regards to watching TV is:

New programming
Live programming (99% sports) where the World Cup comes into play for the next month till "real" Football.
Mindless programming consisting of the Food Channel (great for short naps on the couch)

Last edited:
just to show you how casual I am about this, i was stunned to see South Korea kick ass in their game. They really looked good against Greece.

I also assumed that Brazil is in it and I haven't heard word one about their team.

My priority in regards to watching TV is:

New programming
Live programming (99% sports) where the World Cup comes into play for the next month till "real" Football.
Mindless programming consisting of the Food Channel (great for short naps on the couch)

...and by real football you mean rugby for fairies needing padding and helmets I s'pose.:fight:

Next thing you know you'll be telling me that no Canadian team made it to the Stanley Cup Finals...geez what's this world coming too!

...and by real football you mean rugby for fairies needing padding and helmets I s'pose.:fight:

Man, you would think you would have learned after you ran your mouth last time....If you haven't played football, you have no idea of what you're talking about...kinda like your soccer discussions.

WOW. Way to take it down several levels. Light heated banter. Look it up.
In the off chance I actually offended you, grow thicker skin.

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Tough break for the Aussies, the Germans really tore it up. Hope for better fortunes next time around.

You're not wrong KBear. That's what happens when you take an undercooked, ageing team and try and mix it with young, fit, skillful athletes who play regularly in a high level competition. Some of the Aussies had not played a full game of football at any level for months prior to the World Cup.

I'm not making excuses for them, the Germans were just too good. We were shit compared to them.
I will stick to my original opinion. The Socceroos will not make it out their group.

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Man, you would think you would have learned after you ran your mouth last time....If you haven't played football, you have no idea of what you're talking about...kinda like your soccer discussions.

Light hearted banter, taking the piss, taking the mickey, pulling your leg....Call it what you like, it's all just fun my friend.
Think of it like we're all just standing around in a pub with a beer in one hand and taking the piss out of each other over one's chosen sport, type of bike, length of your mullet....whatever.
Remember, you're reading something someone has written, with no facial expression or verbal inflexion shown, so sarcasm cannot be detected.

Just sayin'

LINDY

Two Stroke
Dilemma time...ride with the lads this week-end or watch England walk-all-over the US...

You should have came for the ride. I'm sure it was better than watching a Draw:poke:
NorthRim052.jpg

LMAO soo true and I have played both. Rugby is way more of a demanding game both physically and mentally. Now if we Americans could only put a quality team together we would dominate.

Last edited:
Niiiiice pic Sean! Lucky bastage!
I'm still recovering from the wisdom teeth extract and the thought of donning the old helmet for hours/days was not in the cards.
The pub had a line-up round the corner (G&D1) so Mark/Pam/Marty Jaime and I went down to the Armadillo Grill. Wasn't the same atmosphere but at least Jaime and I got a ride in down to the pub.
Hope you had a great trip!

Cheers
Peter

normandy

Street Tracker
Next thing you know you'll be telling me that no Canadian team made it to the Stanley Cup Finals...geez what's this world coming too!

Well kinda, both cup final teams are composed of mainly Canadian players.

As for soccer, I tried to watch a bit the other day and the buzzing bee noise in the background drove me away. Someone should take those little horns and plant them squarely in the ass of whoever blows one.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
All of a sudden I'm starting to think Holland might have a secret weapon. And I've even saw that Brazil was in it.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Gotta bring this up to the top since the U.S. is playing tomorrow and the French team imploded.

Go U.S. A.!! Go England!!