The Stable ?

GuyM

Street Tracker
So... I've had my Scrambler for about two and a half years and 11,000+ miles. Still love it! Big grins.

With good used Triumph Twins hitting the market at affordable prices, I've started thinking of a "stable" of Triumphs:

1. The Scram - great all-arounder that I'm more than willing to take up into the local hills on dirt roads, or rip around town on, or head to my favorite fishing hole or...
IMG_2763.jpg

2. An America, for two-up touring (might go with the bigger T-bird though). Maybe set up with a good two-up seat, backrest, perhaps better shocks and a motor tuned for max torque... My wife and I dearly love riding together, and although the Scram works, there are better tools for that job.

3. A Thruxton - because they're just about the sexiest dang thing on the road. Right up there anyway! A Thrux with a well-tuned motor, good suspension and a wonderful exhaust... Wow... What a way to get around on the twisty backroads... Red of course, with the white stripe. Maybe even go the minimalist route with it - cafe all the way... This is one I'd feel good about with a built motor and handling to match.

Yup - The Scram is paid for. These twins go for reasonable prices on the used market. I could end up with two more Triumph Twins for about $10k!

Nice thought actually... What's your ideal Triumph Stable? Limit it to twins or go elsewhere in the line for yours?

Guy

My ideal stable is my Bonneville, a Daytona 675, and whatever the liter sized sportbike is they're coming out with. : )

Other than that, the rest would be non-triumphs. My finished CB, some kind of ducati and the list goes on...

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
• Thruxton

• Hard Tailed Bonnie Bobber

• Scrambler tricked out for off road

I dont need a sport bike. I prefer style over speed. Where i live you cant go very fast anyways.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I think between the bonneville and the CL-350 that I already have, the stable is pretty full.. That said, I'm still very curious to see if they come out with a 675 Tiger..

dscott3509

Two Stroke
I started with a Bonnie, and then traded it in and bought a Sprint ST. The Bonnie was awesome around town, but since I work at home, my around town riding does not happen any more. I never found the Bonnie comfortable for anything more than 50 miles. The Sprint is ideal for what I do now. I would love to be able to afford a Bonnie or Scrambler to do around town errands to join my Sprint.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I have thought long and hard about the Rocket Roadster to put in my stable when I get back to the states. I sat on one at the Birmingham NEC and the bike felt great. With that said though, I am seriously thinking about putting an Indian in the stable along side the Creamsicle when I do get back. I know that might draw the swords out on me but I am happier than a pig in shit to see that bike come back and the level of quality that has been shown towards it. In some ways, they could be compared to the Trumpets and how they were resurrected...I hope they succeed.

justmadeup

Scooter
2. An America, for two-up touring (might go with the bigger T-bird though). Maybe set up with a good two-up seat, backrest, perhaps better shocks and a motor tuned for max torque... My wife and I dearly love riding together, and although the Scram works, there are better tools for that job.

Been having the same thoughts Guy. Love my T-100 but deciding to make it more of a cruiser (hate to spoil the look too much) or get an America. Just rode one during Triumph Demo Day and liked it very much.

strokerlmt

After riding an America and a T-Bird I have to say I didn't really like the feel. My T-100 powered the way it is sounding 100% old Brit is for me. I would like to get a frame and start on my wifes Bonneville Brit racing green with cream. After Willow Springs vintage race weekend I find myself day dreaming about a Thumper.......
LMT

dschief

750cc
All I need is a Street Triple and I would be a happy camper. I have almost everything else I could want. Well, maybe a Duc or MV would be cool, but that's for another lifetime.

Nick Morey

Rocker
I wouldn't mind an enduro bike, even an old one like a 70's Yamaha DT250 or 400 or similar(prefer 2 stroke). Before I get too old if I'm not already!:hurt:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
A real conundrum for me. I love my Black. I might consider a nice late 90s Buell for a crotch rocket. There was a super clean BSA for sale and I lusted after it for about 15 minutes.

I'm happy as a clam with just one bike. After all, you can only ride one at a time.

GuyM

Street Tracker
That's true - and I could probably be very happy with just two. One for me, one for me and my wife...

I've ridden the big bikes by Harley Davidson & Yamaha, and they are impressive pieces, but I'm just not all that fond of 700+ pound giant bikes for general purpose machines... Two up cruising or touring - sure. Who knows? Might end up with a Rocket or a Thunderbird. They're both big enough for two, yet are still Triumphs.

Ootnaboot

Scooter
My (current) ideal stable: my thrux, a Daytona 675 (hopefully in the next 12 months), a Ducati 1098 (oh, don't I wish!!!) and a Matchless G50. I would probably add a sport tourer or a BMW GS 1200 to it for those times my wife wants to go, but doesn't want to sit on a little pad and hang on for dear life as we carve up the twisties and scrape pegs.

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
BMW 1000GS PD(almost had it)
1968 BSA B44 Victor (had it)
T140E (got it)
BMW R80S (got it)
1967 Bulktaco Metralla RS (had it)
Speed Triple (got it)
Thruxton (got it)
68 500 Trophy
I could go on for days

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Cant help it, been thinking a KTM 950 SM would be a blast to tool around on, would love to have Speed Triple R also.