The first bike I ever sat on was a...

jhillier71

Street Tracker
...BSA

Not sure of the year (74?) or model. Gee, I wonder where I got the brit bike bug?

Attachments

• IMG_0001_NEW_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001_NEW_0001.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0002_NEW.jpg
    IMG_0002_NEW.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 0

Bonniebret

Rocker
I'm gonna guess my first was one of those Honda min-bikes with the fat tires at my uncle's ranch in Oregon back in the early mid-seventies.

TXRider60

Scooter
Gutless Indian.

With all due respect to the old chief, this ancient frame-- minus engine-- sat in a field behind where I lived when I was 15, and I even got my picture taken sitting on it. The next year, I borrowed a friend's Mustang (anybody remember those? They looked harmless enough)-- with no operating instructions-- and darn near bought a school bus, before finding the clutch and dragging my feet until I got the thing stopped.

Mine was a little Gemini 80cc sometime in the early, early 70's

That's my brother poking in on my dad's Ducati. Fucker always had to ruin my spotlight.

Chrisage4.jpg

mark66

TT Racer
Love the Castrol sticker on the windscreen and love those BSA's. Great pic.
I was a bit older before I got my first sit and drive. It was on my buddy's 1965 Triumph Bonneville chopper. Bright yellow with red flames for paint, springer front end. Man that was hard to balance for a rookie like me at that time.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
My brother's Tiger Cub. Not sure of the year. First ride? Honda 50, it was owned by a friend, we rode in the fields, beat the crap out of it (along with his Plymouth). Then there were the Zundapp, Bultacos, and my first road bike, '69 T100C, never should'a sold that one....

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
Mine was a little Gemini 80cc sometime in the early, early 70's

That's my brother poking in on my dad's Ducati. Fucker always had to ruin my spotlight.

Chrisage4.jpg

That's funny how he just managed to get in the shot. I have 2 older brothers who did the same thing.
I finally one-upped them when I got my Bonnie.
My first ride was a Yamaha 80 "enduro" similar to that Gemini. No pics, just a couple of scars.

pepper

Street Tracker
The first bike I sat on was my dad's Indian.

Hey TxRider60, probably 15 years or so ago I met a guy who had a Mustang and a Harley (Aeromacchi) Sprint stuck back in the corner of his garage. The Mustang was a Pony model I think. He never rode it and I never even got to hear it run. I tried for several years to buy it from him but he wouldn't let it go. It's the only one I've ever seen in person. Pretty cool machine. I haven't thought about that bike in a long, long time.

:thread:

ssjones

750cc
Mid 70's Norton Commando. My dad was stationed in Germany and it was owned by his Captain. He took me for a short ride up our housing area road. He also owned a BMW 2002ti and took my dad and I for a spin on the Autobahn in that one, my dad says he went over 100 mph, but I really only remember the Norton.

My Grandfathers Honda Goldwing in the eighties. I was about 6 and I remember how hard it was to breathe in an open-face helmet on the Florida freeway.

zmilin

Street Tracker
Mine was a moped. I don't remember the brand. I was 11 and visiting family in Croatia. My uncle was a mechanic and worked on all things motorized. He pretty much taught me to start it and let me ride it all summer in his backyard (it is a BIG backyard).

I remember falling down taking a turn and burning my leg on the pipe. Had that burn mark for years. Didn't matter though...it was one of the few fun things I remember about my childhood.

simpson

TT Racer
Mine was a burnt orange/brown Harley that my friends dad had. It was huge!

He made me promise not to tell my mom.

-simpson

phil

Street Tracker
this was my first bike 1978 xs1100 yamaha, I went a lot of place and put alot of miles on it, after about 2 years I had it painted pearl white. After that I bought my bonnie and haven't looked back .

Attachments

• test 019.jpg
    test 019.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
  • yama 3.JPG
    yama 3.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 0

Kirkus51

Hooligan
A 63/64 Suzuki Trail 80. Dumped it so many times with those knobby tires on the streets that I just quit picking gravel outta my knees a few years ago. Got one of the last "scooter" licenses issued in Colorado so I was on the street at 14. My Dad finally had to lay down the law and we couldn't ride under 40 degrees or if the streets still had ice on them.

Kframe

Street Tracker
kris_guzzi_sm.jpg

Not sure what model or year the bike is, but I'm a '76 so that pic has to be from '78-79 I think.
It's a Moto Guzzi, possibly an 850 T3 or Ambassador or something.

Was taken at a family reunion, one of my Mom's cousin's bike.
That's one of my brothers in the background on his Evil Knevel bicycle with red, white and blue paint, and a blue sparkly banana seat. He was trying to be as cool as me, I think he failed.

My Mom recalls, with a frown, that I didn't stop talking about that motorcycle for a week! The root of all evil, as it were.
:headbang2:
-K