The all new 2017 Triumph Street Cup, T100 and T100 Black announced!

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Hey everyone, today Triumph has released information on the all new 2017 Street Cup that seems to be a cafe racer/Thruxtonized version of the Street Twin.
You can view a video and get more information here: http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/classics/street-cup/2017/street-cup?from=HPR

They also released information on the new 2017 Triumph Bonneville T100 and T100 Black

2017 T100: http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk...2017/bonneville-t100/variants/bonneville-t100

2017 T100 Black: http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk...onneville-t100/variants/bonneville-t100-black

drlapo

Hooligan
The street cup is sweet.
It is very similar to my 05 Thruxton with Bonnie foot pegs and tube handlebars
I converted mine out of neccessity; old back.
But now I'm a hipster.
The new t100 is nice and shiny like a motorcycle should be

the new bikes will get me into the showroom

Last edited:

beemerrich

Street Tracker
I know this is going to sound like 'debbie downer' typing, but my thruxton has been out of service for the past month - the wiring harness wore through just ahead of the igniter and shorted out everything imaginable - and I'd love triumph to make an affordable option for me to move toward down the road. I'm looking at the street cup specs and its basically a street twin with longer rear shocks, narrower & lower bars, a tachometer, and flyscreen/seat cowl. Seems pretty dear to jack it up 1,100 quid for those changes. As the street twin also has rear shocks & handlebars (also most folks generally replace the rear shocks to something better and fit bars to their liking), it's basically $1,600 or so for a tachometer & seat/flyscreen.

Frankly, I was hoping for a bit more. Like maybe a 'high power' version of the 900 motor to complement the 'high torque' version now slotting into the entire 900 line. A bigger throttle body, revised cam timing, and a 7,500 rpm limiter is all it would take to set this machine apart mechanically while also setting the stage for the rider to finish up the work by fitting a better set of pipes. Is making 70 RWHP achievable with some basic upgrades too much to ask? Apparently so. Triumph clearly wants the power hungry to buy something in the 1200 range...however, I'd prefer the righter, tighter platform offered by the 900 line. I guess making the 900 machines sing will be left up to the aftermarket to solve. Another lost month of riding and I'll be ready to sign up for that...

Regards,

--Rich

my 2016 street twin has same problem wiring loom has failed after 5000 miles, i showed mechanic at dealer and was told to come back in 10 days to get it fixed or repaired , after taking day off work and round trip of 100 miles i turned up bright and early on the day at 9am , without looking again at the bike i was told it needed a complete new wiring loom and that they will call me when it arrives and that i will have to come back then , ok rant over , my main concern over all this is that i can see where and why the loom has failed , the loom is bolted to the frame arround the headstock area and is very tight ,i put the bike on its centre stand {oh yes optional extra} and i can clearly see the wires pulling on the headlamp and speedometer when handlebars are turned lock to lock in fact there so tight they make a squeking sound , now im no expert in electrical matters but im pretty sure that the copper inside those cables will break and work harden after a time {in my case just under 5000 miles} ,normaly i see wiring on a motorcycle in this area much more freely mounted /longer harness allowing for a much less severe working angle , given the delicate nature of the electronics mounted in the speedometer im thinking of removing the harness clamp on the headstock to allow more movement as soon as its out of warrenty as i cant see why the same problem will nor reoccur , im a pretty sedate rider being more used to old british iron and im very lucky in that i have a very reliable old royal enfield i can ride whilst my modern techno triumph has broken down