Thanksgiving ride

koifarm

Hooligan
Dawg

My dog wants a side car.

Your dog should get a sidecar Sweatmachine, maybe something like a nice stainless steel cage....you know, just to give his ego a stroke.
It's funny, my dog watched the whole process but it still took her about six months to actually get in the car, without the bike started, but I let her take up all the time she needed to adjust. She's quite at home although I still haven't taken her for a ride yet. She has gotten to the point where she'll follow me down the driveway but stop about halfway. About the time she decides to commit to following me to the end, I'll get her in the car and we'll be set. Right now she'll meet me in the drive and follow me to the barn where I park, circling the rig till it's parked. Glad I have a tonneau cover for the car, she can't jump in inadvertently. One of these days......it will happen.

koifarm

Hooligan
nope, no problem

I was thinking, to really get a dog into a sidecar you'd probably need a pretty quiet bike.

I don't think so Sweat, it's all a matter of adjustment, the dawg will accept any such distractions as a matter of course. It just takes a bit of getting used to and the dog will be just fine. All you have to do is slowly accustom him or her to the whole thing, starting off with a parked bike and in and out of the sidecar as practice. Once in the car and comfortable, not showing any signs of nerves and being supplied with bits of dog food as a treat, they will gradually accept the car as a good thing leading to treats. When they get that far, time to just start the engine while they are in the car and see what they do. More treats....praise and stuff, once they accept the engine running and are restrained well, it's time to ride.
You can use the same technique on women as well.....:boob:

I met a local dude here with a hack. I asked him if he had to beat the women off with a stick.

He said "you would think so, and that was half the reason I got the hack, but the only thing I've been attracting is old dudes. So if you want to attract old dudes, get a hack"

koifarm

Hooligan
Old dude

I met a local dude here with a hack. I asked him if he had to beat the women off with a stick.

He said "you would think so, and that was half the reason I got the hack, but the only thing I've been attracting is old dudes. So if you want to attract old dudes, get a hack"

It might be the way he goes about it or whether or not he's had a shower recently, I've learned to carry a spare helmet all the time, doesn't matter where you go, eventually you will attract a loose passenger and take em for a ride.
For instance, the day after I took my daughter for that ride, she called and said two of her GF's wanted rides as well and could I come to the Farmers Market next Saturday and give them a ride? (I couldn't come this next due to a prior commitment) and scheduled her the next weekend after.
Don't forget the awesome power of a dawg, wearing Doggles and sitting in your sidecar, is an absolute guarantee to attract females to pat it's little head.(This giving you the chance to mention "He loves the sidecar but likes to sit on someones lap, feels safer that way!")
You might try out the local "Rent a Puppy" outlet as well, puppies have a 10x attraction factor especially in the car. Barring that a cutesy stuffed animal works nearly as well.:snack: