Thu
chance_of_rain.gif

47° | 36°

Fri
chance_of_rain.gif

59° | 32°

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
I wanted to be all fancy and post the pic of the forecast instead of a link.
How in the hell do you Guys do that? I don't know what the URL is for the pics.
Blah, blah. I'll figure it all out someday then I'll have to learn something else.

KingBear

Hooligan
I just copied and pasted from my home page. Sometimes those things work, sometimes they don't. I just play with them and experiment to see what happens. :)

Bonafide

NBR founder
Suppose to be 71deg here ... and I have to work. One of those occassions where it would not be wise to call out sick. :(

DandyDoug

750cc
I might take a putt over towards Lake Lure or vicinity. Do you know any good places to stop for lunch around that area ?

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Heck ya the weather was great. The rodes were wet and fog in some places.
I met a guy patching his tire on a BMW 650 dual.
He showed me a short cut that joins two of my favorite rodes.
It connects 178 and 276. This other cool rode wasn't paved it
is rock cut out part of the mountain. Need to go back in a Jeep down that one.

mrt202

Street Tracker
Where is this road that connects 178 and 276? Has it got a name? Don't be holding out on me...:wave:

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Where is this road that connects 178 and 276? Has it got a name? Don't be holding out on me...:wave:

Right on I forgot, left on Gladis something and right on East Fork maybe?

Near Rocky Bottom. Now I know why they call it that. Some of those roads are rock, not pavement. Too slick for the bike.

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Ahhh, you make me miss it there! Love 178 just after the Hwy 11 turnoff, going North! Of course, 64 from Franklin to Highlands is pretty hard to beat too. I'll be there in 1 1/2 weeks, but the closest I'll get is on boring 25, going to Wolf Ridge. It's time for my annual "fall on my ass and slide down the slope" outing.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Mother Nature has been much nicer the last few days!! Rode my bike the last two days (about 80 miles), temps been in the 60's and 70's and cloudy and looking like rain at times. There is something much worse than cold or wet though and that would be Christmas shopping on the Thrux, like a idiot I rode up near the interstate to a shopping center yesterday, it was the craziest traffic I've dealt with on the bike I felt very exposed. Today was ptly cloudy and 70, we went mountain biking yall!! Word. lol

Last edited: