Texas Hill Country Ride

shinerman

Scooter
Yesterday I had a great ride from Austin to Leakey, Tx - and all points in between. Met up with some coworkers and others in Dripping Springs to head out around 9:00 AM. I was definately the odd man out with A '08 Bonneville Black - Everyone was decked out in giant HDs but guess who was getting the most attention?

It was hot and dry but the scenery in the hill country is beautiful any time of year. We hit Bandera, Utopia, Kerrville, etc. Hit a light rain on the way back which was a nice relief from the heat.

During most of our stops to streach out and cool off - I seemed to get old "what year is that?", "who's riding the Triumph?" - from strangers - I'd say I was the one having the most fun riding the most stripped down version of a motorcycle - no windshield, stereo, GPS, 100 extra lbs of chrome....

Look forward to doing this trip again - hopefully with some Triumph brethren

hankmarx

750cc
Did Ya'll get all the way to 335, 336, and 337?
I love that area in October as things start to cool off,
I will go if I get the chance, Terrond.
I bet Sweat and innominate will too.
Take any pics?

man...you should have pinged me...I would have been all over that! Let's meet up soon! Maybe at Jo's Coffee on S. Congress?

shinerman

Scooter
sorry guys - this was a last min ride with the co-workers or I would have posted an invite to all. I'd hate to wait till October to do this ride again. You guys want to meet at Joe's one night this week?

Hank - not sure what roads we eventually hit - All I know is that it was nice to see some water in those rivers out there. Sorry no pics