tastey Thruxton

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I saw that bike in the latest edition of Barnett's BikeCraft. Didn't really do anything for me but this the Streetmaster Brighton was in the same issue and this Bonnie really turned my head.

triumph-bonneville-streetmaster-5.jpg

triumph-bonneville-streetmaster.jpg

triumph-bonneville-streetmaster-1.jpg

triumph-bonneville-streetmaster-2.jpg

I just really love what they did to this bike despite the fact they went back in time for the front brake. Homage to the cafe racer as well as the '37 Speed Twin...I think this Bonnie girl drips with class and gives a nod back to its roots...well done!

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
You should pick up the latest Barnett's BikeCraft. They have an articled titled "Top Trumps" and covers what some people are doing to their Bonnies...some really nice stuff going all over the place and shows how the versatility of this bike is pretty much timeless. A guy named Roberto Rossi Rivale out of Italy has been taking Hinckley Bonnies and marrying them up with some Meriden parts, for example gas tanks, seats, mirrors, etc...kind of a quirky build but I have to admit that I really dig the end result.

Bonafide

NBR founder
ooooh shit I like one ..well, parts of it. I like the alum body work - gives me an idea. The drum brakes? Not so much likey.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I am really confused.... by that I am meaning when is a Thruxton not a Thruxton? To me the thruxton is all about clip ons and single seats and wrist aching riding position, that just looks like Bonnie with a set of rear sets but it does look good, but it is not a Thruxton, may have started off as one but now...... I really reckon if Triumph were serious in paying homage to the name they would have given the new Thruxtons a full fairing like the originals.

CopyofThruxtonT120article2_.jpg

Ha ha love that vomiting nun.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
This to me looks like a stange mis match of parts -

triumph-thruxton-4.jpg

where as this works!

Wow!! Love this bike - even the front brake. So much going on here, carbs , oil cooler, tank, sidecovers. I think its interesting the left the spocket uncovered - and no fake kickstarter!

Last edited:

Twodogs

Street Tracker
goota agree - a kinda confusing array of parts throw at it, looks like they just couldn't decide what they wanted to build

I don't think of it as confusing as it really is no different to any body else's interpretations of their own bikes as they don't need to have a theme of any kind to be customised for the individual taste. What one guy does to his bike does not necessarily mean that everybody is going to like it. I just don't get the fact that it has been called a Thruxton??

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I saw that bike in the latest edition of Barnett's BikeCraft. Didn't really do anything for me but this the Streetmaster Brighton was in the same issue and this Bonnie really turned my head.

triumph-bonneville-streetmaster.jpg

triumph-bonneville-streetmaster-1.jpg

triumph-bonneville-streetmaster-2.jpg

I just really love what they did to this bike despite the fact they went back in time for the front brake. Homage to the cafe racer as well as the '37 Speed Twin...I think this Bonnie girl drips with class and gives a nod back to its roots...well done!

Has it got some sort of hydraulic clutch set up on it?? Look at the clutch cover and where the cable runs in and then there seems to be a slave cylinder and cable on the brake side or some sort of different set up.