Tappi, Japan

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Went on a fantastic ride and thought I would share some photos with everyone in here that cares to check it out. This is Tappi, Japan...the further northern point of Aomori prefecture. Across the cape, less than 60 kilometers is Hokkaido that could be seen on this crystal clear day of my ride. They are building a tunnel through the pacific from Tappi to Hokkaido which will be 53 km long...hopefully that tunnel is done before my tour is!

Before getting to Tappi, we had to get through the Towada mountain pass. The colors were in full force, it was 35 degress through the pass and the bikes were running incredible!

IMG_0175.jpg

That is the Japanese flag but the wind wasn't cooperating!

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

A stop off right before the Tappi cape:

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

The blue of the pacific was about as rich as it could get...incredible

IMG_0185.jpg

Tappi, Japan:

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

we rode this coastline for 200 miles to get to where I am taking this picture; epic riding!

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Tappi lighthouse

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

The land in the distance is Hokkaido

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
IMG_0191.jpg

the largest tuna to be caught off the cape of Tappi

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

298978_10150338824734375_620989374_7702886_984915716_n.jpg

Crack my back and I'll be good for another 150 miles!

298051_10150338824519375_620989374_7702883_1133968605_n.jpg

the guilty party

motomaniac

Street Tracker
Great stuff! Was up there a few years back. Great views at sunset from there.
I recommend riding east to Shimo-Kita Hanto, the eastern peninsula that sticks out toward Hokkaido. Really great coastal roads and friendly people!

D9

Vendor
B06... you've done it again... damn near every pic a postcard... haven't seen coastline that gorgeous in some time... looks like an amazing area to ride... outstanding!

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Great stuff! Was up there a few years back. Great views at sunset from there.
I recommend riding east to Shimo-Kita Hanto, the eastern peninsula that sticks out toward Hokkaido. Really great coastal roads and friendly people!

Shimokita is right above us...maybe two hours up the 338. If I have my choice, then I prefer running out to the western part of Aomori prefecture. More farms, MUCH better road conditions and some some beautiful landscape that gets back to elevation. The "hammer" peninsula is pretty nice though...this was last weekend when I ran up to cape Shiriya to check out the wild horses of Japan. They had three new foals and it looks like the herd has grown and should do well this up coming winter season. I already know that I will miss this herd when it comes time to leave...I usually come up once every 6-8 weeks to check on them and feed them some carrots and apples...good stuff.

http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/xx235/lespaul85paf/?action=view&current=MVI_0146.mp4

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Thanks for the comments guys...I like sharing this stuff with you. I will post up the ride coming this weekend if mother nature cooperates. We will be heading up to the "hammer" peninsula to check out the snow monkeys. It should be about an eight hour trek as we are circling the entire Shimokita peninsula and stopping off to see the little bastards. These are the snow monkeys that are seen in so many winter hot springs that have made Japan kind of famous. What they don't show is that these little shits are aggressive as all hell. They leave the dudes alone because they are smart and learned that they will get the shit beat out of them. The problem though is that they are famous for targeting women and children to steal whatever they can get their hands on. Should be a pretty fun adventure and I will post up on here!