Tank Rack

Iceseven

750cc
If your are looking for that tank rack that has suction cups that attach to the tank they are no longer available, I called Brent a while back asking about them and he told me that the old fellow that makes them is no longer producing.

KingBear

Hooligan
I've seen one that's held in place with suction cups... :nono: I know I've seen others but I can't remember where and I don't know how they attached. Unless you were willing to weld four mounting posts onto your tank I don't know how else you'd mount it. I think it's a cool feature though.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Tacky... just my .02 cents.

Of course a stick-on rack won't remove your nads in a frontal collision like a bolt-on will (which is why Triumph quit installing them in the mid 60s).

koifarm

Hooligan
It's really an attempt to capture the "classic" look and for decoration only, likely the stick on one would be even more dangerous in a collision than the original ones which were bolted on.
Depending on how bad you want it, a good body man could retrofit the tank with one and there goes the budget.
IMO I like the look but would not likely put one on my machine.

D9

Vendor
Ive seen them look great on certain bikes going for the old school look...IMO
depends on the details of the bike... not a great fan of the suction cup
approach, but I understand the appeal...

Modifying the tank to be able to mount and use a functional rack sounds
$$!... but it could be cool if done right - if going that far - and possibly making a
custom rack - wonder if the design of the rack and/or attachment angle could
be fabricated to minimize or eliminate potential 'nad casualties... :eeek:

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Kinda like the suction cups used to hold on the "pillion pads" the oh-so-cool chopper set use on their super-wide rear fenders. It's kinda telling that the people on this forum think the suction cups aren't adequate to hold a parcel to the bike, but the chopper guys have no reservations about putting their g/f on a seat like that! Hmmm. priorities?

Neducati

Two Stroke
Been looking on websites and can not find a tank rack. Any help? Thanks.

What you are looking for is made by Jenks Bolts in the UK:

CTR-01.jpg

Website is here:

http://jenksbolts.motoevolution.co....id=79&osCsid=6d0f48618145e11eb8843c2820ff7640

If you like the look, buy it and ignore what others might say. It's YOUR bike. If I'm not mistaken, you asked where to find this, not what people thought of your desire to buy one, or mount it to YOUR bike.

At the Gettysburg RAT Raid a few years ago, I saw a customized new Bonneville in which the owner had actually had threaded inserts welded into his tank so he could attach a vintage parcel rack. I exchanged some emails with him and he recounted the expense, time and aggravation associated with such a project. If you don't mind the look of the suction cups, that route will be much cheaper and faster and you can easily remove it and return your bike to stock if/when you sell the bike.

Enjoy!

Ned

D9

Vendor
Ned, found these on a TRN post of yours from awhile back, hope it's ok to repost the pics... both bikes are wonderful... believe the first pic is the NJ guy's bike with the integral tank rack...

MQuinnBonnie1.jpg

0162_1_lg.jpg

Last edited:

KingBear

Hooligan
In the absence of a real, properly mounted tank rack I'll stick with a genuine tank bag. As I've said so many times before, I HATE FAKE!

Neducati

Two Stroke
Ned, found these on a TRN post of yours from awhile back, hope it's ok to repost the pics... both bikes are wonderful... believe the first pic is the NJ guy's bike with the integral tank rack...

1482d1190668193-new-jersey-rat-pack-cimg1544-small.jpg

Hi D9

Sure it's ok to repost! Yes, that photo is of Mike Quinn's bike at the Gettysburg RAT Raid.

Ned