Talk me out of the D&D "TT street pipes"

mikenva

Rocker
The street pipes dont make the power the race pipes do .There new 2into2 full system is better.The price is right allso.The sound is way better then any pipes I have had.

Craigore

TT Racer
trb4a.jpg

Damn. So good. I think I'm sold on these.

Craigore

TT Racer
Just pulled the trigger on the stainless system today. Hope that I'm not disappointed. Mike, are they pretty damn loud?

mikenva

Rocker
there kinda funny when your on them there loud as hell but at cruse speed there not bad .There kinda like preds in that way but they have that great triumph twin sound.I dont think they would be to loud on a stock bike I got alot of flow coming out of mine.
Iam still playing with the tune on mine with this crazy weather its slow going but I dont think they hurt the power to much .They maybe close to as good as the 2into1.Once I get the tune close will see on the dyno.

Beachfinn

Scooter
are they pretty damn loud?
i have removable baffles on mine that i use on my commute, baffles cut power off and the jetting goes to the woods, but it does give me an option to commute little quieter :)
it takes a whopping 10 mins to pull them out for "spirited" rides.

Thrux181

Scooter
Hey Beachfinn, what do you mean you removable baffles? Are you pulling out the cone with the packing material? I put the 2into2 on my Scrambler. Looking for some type of baffle to tone them done some.

Bill

mikenva

Rocker
the cone comes out the baffle slips in the cone .you might try repacking them if you think there to loud.I dont think they are.I think they changed the baffles from how they use to be made on the first few runs of these pipes.

Beachfinn

Scooter
what do you mean you removable baffles?
No actually i bought just the generic ones from JC Whitney i think, put one layer of packing on them and bolted them on right before the connection to the "reverse cone" part (end of headers). To remove i just drop the end section down remove one screw, and pull them out. Mine are full race so there never were any baffles :)

Thrux181

Scooter
Sorry guys, I thought the conversation turned towards the new 2into2 full exhaust. Thats what I have. Going to a local machine shop to see if they can fabricate something similar to the baffles on the Arrow.

Craigore

TT Racer
by the way, the 2 into 2 stainless system can be found and bought on ebay with a "best offer" of around $400... cheap!!!

mikenva

Rocker
The baffles on the d&d are much better then the arrow pipes as far as making power.you can repack them if you dont like the sound .But to me they sound way better then arrow.I dont know why anyone would want them to sound like sissy arrow pipes lol.
Changeing baffles can kill the power they make allso.

Craigore

TT Racer
Dudes, did D&D supply the copper crush rings needed for new exhaust systems? mine didn't come with any... should I heat up the stock rings and re-use them?

mark66

TT Racer
I'd use new ones, they really should be replaced once they've been "crushed". If your using the proper torque then you really should use new ones.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I'd use new ones, they really should be replaced once they've been "crushed". If your using the proper torque then you really should use new ones.

But why? I've had my headers on and off many times already and am on the original rings. Still look copper to me!

Craigore

TT Racer
I just cannot fathom how D&D didn't supply these with the mufflers... that's asinine. I had to order from one of the online places and now it's going to be a bit before I can finish installing them.