tail bag recs

mark66

TT Racer
Yeah, that looks like a good size. Didn't realize you had no grab rail. You probably tried it already, but is there any way you could run the straps under the seat and still be able to quickly release the bag from them?

neuroboy

750cc
Yeah, that looks like a good size. Didn't realize you had no grab rail. You probably tried it already, but is there any way you could run the straps under the seat and still be able to quickly release the bag from them?

yeah, that's what i was thinking--especially for the back. there's a quick release buckles at the end of each strap, so it'd be easy to get on/off regardless of where the straps go. i'll report back when I get around to messing with it this weekend.

Skeeter

Rocker
heres a picture of my saddle bag set up, robe asked about how i did it. in the 2nd picture you can see what i was talkin about when i said i had to cut the soft stuff under neath. it used to be one big piece but i had to made that strape shorter so i cut it. the front strap sits on my seat and doesnt effect my riding, then i use a tsrap on either side that cips onto the frame but the pass. side pegs, and a starp goes under my tail-end by my little tail light. its set up for easier removel if i need to take the bags off.
hope that helps

2011-07-27154631.jpg

2011-07-27154639.jpg

dickydoo

Scooter
Tail bag recommendation

Just received an Axio Tail Pack that I would recommend. It is a nice size for the stock Bonneville (SE) seat. The Axio blue is a fairly nice match for the SE blue. Will hold a rainsuit & a tire repair kit. Size is (US) 14"w X 14Lx7h..sorry no pics. This is a Hard Pack.

neuroboy

750cc
Just received an Axio Tail Pack that I would recommend. It is a nice size for the stock Bonneville (SE) seat. The Axio blue is a fairly nice match for the SE blue. Will hold a rainsuit & a tire repair kit. Size is (US) 14"w X 14Lx7h..sorry no pics. This is a Hard Pack.

damn, if I'd seen this before I probably would've picked this one up. It'll go in the memory banks if I ever find the little bag i got is insufficient.

mark66

TT Racer
damn, if I'd seen this before I probably would've picked this one up. It'll go in the memory banks if I ever find the little bag i got is insufficient.

Neuro....were you ever able to get that small bag attached the way your happy with it? You know, for a quick release.