Suspension

drlapo

Hooligan
I have a 2005 Thruxton, I'm 5'7", 150 lbs and 66 years old
I installed .9 RaceTech straght springs with RaceTech emulators, 15w oil, 15mm preload
Hagon classic shocks from Dave Quinn; he picked the spring rate and damping rate for me, stock length
I'm satisfied and there is a difrerence in the twisties.
the forks have too much seal stiction which causes thar "bounce" on other wise smooth road surfaces
try truing and aligning the fork legs you may have a slight bind, the legs tend to pull inward as you tighten the axle. give the right leg a smack before you tighten the pinch bolts

You can't go far wrong with these Blue J... Massive improvement over stock shocks and if you don't use the extensions that come with them, you can lower your bike a couple of inches. Also a big weight saving for those that are trying to shed a few pounds off their bike.

http://britishbikebits.com/alloy-gas-shocks-dunstall-triumph-new-bonneville-t100-se#.VNzq-SzTM9g

I've been searching for replacement rear shocks from the stocks and a nice looking alloy/silver color, too. These look to be pretty sweet, almost like Ohlins, but a lot cheaper with the look i want. And it looks like they're only $211.10 (w/ shipping) to the US (Im in jersey). Yeah... im about to order the shit outta these.
Arkwright - how long have you had these on for so far and how has your experience been with them. I am only 5'8" and looking to drop my Bonnie about an inch if i could. Would these do that without using the extensions that you mention? I'm just kinda nervous that these are too good to be true for that price.

Arkwright

Two Stroke
I've been searching for replacement rear shocks from the stocks and a nice looking alloy/silver color, too. These look to be pretty sweet, almost like Ohlins, but a lot cheaper with the look i want. And it looks like they're only $211.10 (w/ shipping) to the US (Im in jersey). Yeah... im about to order the shit outta these.
Arkwright - how long have you had these on for so far and how has your experience been with them. I am only 5'8" and looking to drop my Bonnie about an inch if i could. Would these do that without using the extensions that you mention? I'm just kinda nervous that these are too good to be true for that price.

I've been running them for about 6 months. I had been running a set of non gas Hagons for about 3 years, but they began to show some signs of wear so decided to give these a try.

My experience so far is very positive. They certainly perform as well as the Hagons and perform infinitely better than the stock shocks.

The set comes with two small extensions that when added make the length of the shocks the standard Bonnie size. If you leave the extensions off, you'll lower the bike by about 1.5 inches.

Hope that helps!

Hedge

American Infidel
Thanks for the link - it looks like Delboy has a whole bunch of "This is how you do it" videos!

Hey Arkwright - one other quick question - did you change your front springs on yours and what did you go with?
Seems like i'll just go with the tec springs here, too, and perform the work that Delboy did since he cut the fork shrouds to level height difference to the rear (I wont be using the extensions, either).

Arkwright

Two Stroke
I changed front springs to Hagon progressives and again it made a very noticeable difference to the front end. I think any 'progressive" will do the job though, doesn't necessarily have to be Hagons.

Glad you enjoyed Delboy...

rodhotter

Scooter
bitubo WME shocks for me + their cartridges for the forks, very pleased, purchased from carpimoto!! seems they have a good handle on what setup suits your weight, good ride + control

I've had the TEC gas shocks on got about a year and they are pretty darn good. But I bet the Bitubo's are ever better. I have one on my Vespa and it rocks.

ttbonnie

Scooter
im running Ikon- progressive fronts and adjustable rears- night and day difference over stock- at entry level price point (500 +/- ) for both- its personal preference. you will not be disapointed.
i opted for the IKON rear because of the simple dial adjustment and the looks of the black coil chrome body