Strange things are afoot at the Circle K

Skeeter

Rocker
hope youre ok nohawk.

i always carry a pocket knife and i have the permit to carry. whan i was AZ i forgot my knife and it was buggin me so i went to walmart and got a sweet new gerber knife. i felt better the rest of the trip

nohawk

Rocker
Just being aware of my surroundings would have probably kept me outta trouble that night. I had parked my truck at a hotel for the night and walked to a gas station a few blocks away by taking a short cut *behind* a shopping center, I did notice a group of guys watching me walk toward the back of the parking lot, as I got half way down the length of the mall I walked past two guys hanging out by a service door for one of the shops in the mall and it was on. The other three dudes came up quick and I'm pretty sure they were the ones from the front of the parking lot

nohawk

Rocker
I'm alright though. Shit happings. I did just see a short story on that ac360 show on CNN about what happened to rodburners friend tonight. It looks like some sleazey skank bitch and some lowrent gangster types did this. I can't express how much I would like this group to have public humiliation be a part of the justice system for these kind of wannabe bad asses. This really is one of the sickest crimes I've heard of.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Breaks my heart that the father got shot defending the mother and son. I can see myself doing that. The creeps were apparently beating the son and kicking the mother in the head and the father had enough and broke free and they shot him 3 times.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Gretsch,

And for Craigslist ads - use a cell #, meet at a gas station. No one comes in the house.

agreed - that's how I have sold (most) of my shite but not all of it. I have a big black dog that will not let you in the house if he doesnt know you and a black belt in Judo (me not the dog), so at l have a few things going for me at the ranch :)

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Breaks my heart that the father got shot defending the mother and son. I can see myself doing that. The creeps were apparently beating the son and kicking the mother in the head and the father had enough and broke free and they shot him 3 times.

tragic and senseless - I hope those f*ckers rot in hell.

drlapo

Hooligan
my club is holding a legal seminar next week for concealed carry permit holders
it will address when to shoot and what will happen if you do
yep, we need legal advice on how (if) to defend ourselves
the 1911 on my belt feels good

Skeeter

Rocker
my club is holding a legal seminar next week for concealed carry permit holders
it will address when to shoot and what will happen if you do
yep, we need legal advice on how (if) to defend ourselves
the 1911 on my belt feels good

that should be an awesome class, id go to one in PA

07black&red

Two Stroke
I live in the hood and get hit up for change and whatever else they think they they need all the time. Different tactics that have worked for me: No eye contact whatsoever-totally ignore the fucker. Total, aggressive eye contact- stare the fucker down till you're right up on him and then look away with total indifference. Flip the fucker a quarter if you have one and then follow-up by totally ignoring whatever comes out of his mouth next. In a loud voice, shrug and say "No hablo ingleis!" I had one guy follow my into the john and continue to hit me up for change! Crazy shit. keep yer wits about you and never be afraid to go complete-raging-fucking-crazy in a split second. The last thing most of these beggars want is a lot of attention which eventually brings the police. GET LOUD

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
07 I agree . Sounds like me back at Pratt in the 80's...don't be afraid to say " fuck off!" and do not break stride.

I have had a couple of guys stand in my way though totally unafraid glaring back and thats a bit weird. I've had one follow me home, that sucked. But mostly, you try and look and act like a "hard target" and you pass right by.

One caveat, I have been hit from behind by a homeless guy in the city. Did the tough walk by got 3 steps and he broke a champagne bottle over my head and ran away.

rodburner

Rocker
in my closet I have a 12 pump with 3 slug shells then dbl O....that is for big cats who very occasionally come into town. We are told we cannot shoot one BUT if one is in my f----g back yard with all the kids around our hse and area it is dead and I have a safe/hand print bolted to the floor under the bed with a Glock. Because I have I will never use......
LMT

Lach,I'm a firm believer in the more is better approach when 12g's are concerned. My old Mossbergs were stuffed with #4 buck,magnums. Nothing says "goodnight fuckhead" like 41,.24cal.balls X 6,and our new ones will be too.