Stand By Me

Kframe

Street Tracker
Yeah, was pretty good.
Usually it pisses me off when a singer plays with the tempo and timing of the lyrics of a very well known song, makes it kinda hard to listen along to.
But in this case, he made it work.
:up:
-K

Bonafide

NBR founder
Yeah, watched that last night.

Did you catch that the old guy is blind in one eye and cant see out the other?

slowgator

750cc
Yeah, watched that last night.

Did you catch that the old guy is blind in one eye and cant see out the other?

Yeah, I got that when Colbert extended his hand to shake and "Grandpa" didn't reciprocate. The name of the group is "Playing for Change" and I get the feeling that's what they do. Maybe this exposure will give them a boost.:)

slowgator

750cc
Kick Out The Jams!

To my ears, that cover is definitely worthy of some air play. Cool stuff.

T-Boy: Couldn't help but notice your avatar. I grew up in Detroit in the 60's and saw the MC5 and many others at the Grande Ballroom and used to hang out on Plum Street. Very cool scene. Maybe before your time?

slowgator

750cc
No Coincidence?

Good stuff. Sorry bout me starting another Stand By Me thread. Didn't know you already had one going...crazy coincidence.

No problem; I hadn't noticed your thread until now. Very cool event; you got a good-looking boy! Sorry I missed the "squealing" link that Sweat objected to but I think I know what it was...:eeek:

T-boy

Rocker
T-Boy: Couldn't help but notice your avatar. I grew up in Detroit in the 60's and saw the MC5 and many others at the Grande Ballroom and used to hang out on Plum Street. Very cool scene. Maybe before your time?
Slow...Not before my time. Although I grew up in West Mich, my buddy and I traveled to the Motor City every other weekend to hear a variety of acts at the "Ballroom". Great times those were. Plum St was definitely a trip, as was the whole hippie scene. If only I still had the hair now that I had back then..............

slowgator

750cc
Eastown Theatre

Slow...Not before my time. Although I grew up in West Mich, my buddy and I traveled to the Motor City every other weekend to hear a variety of acts at the "Ballroom". Great times those were. Plum St was definitely a trip, as was the whole hippie scene. If only I still had the hair now that I had back then..............

No doubt there have been changes (other than our hair) since those Halcyon Days... was grooving to NPR this weekend celebrating the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. For good or bad, I left Detroit after the race riots during the "Summer of Love" in 1967, so while my friends went to Woodstock, I was on my first Med cruise with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. Not a bad trade-off; I bought my first Bonneville while there; a '70 T120R. And a GT6+ Triumph car.

But I would return to the Motor City on weekend liberty and would usually go to the Eastown Theatre to enjoy the lingering rock scene. Ever go there? Maybe not as elaborate as "The Grande", but some good times! Where does it all go?

T-boy

Rocker
But I would return to the Motor City on weekend liberty and would usually go to the Eastown Theatre to enjoy the lingering rock scene. Ever go there? Maybe not as elaborate as "The Grande", but some good times! Where does it all go?

Michigan was a pretty cool place to be back then. MC5, The Stooges, Grand Funk, Dick Wagner and the Frost, Bob Seger, the Amboy Dukes, and of course the many Motown artists.
In high school, there was 4 of us that lived by the Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'N Roll credo. We were generally regarded as "hoodlums", because we had motorcycles, even though we were relatively harmless--more pranksters than bad asses (I did almost get suspended for trying to play "Kick Out The Jams" on our school's intercom). Rock On, baby...I wouldn't trade the memories of those days for anything!

P.S. My parents regarded me as a "difficult" child.

P.S.S. It all went bye when I met my future wife. She set me on the straight and narrow. To this day, she maintains I'd be dead if I hadn't hooked up with her when I did. 37 years of marriage coming up in 2 weeks.

As a side note, if any of you youngsters don't know the legend of the MC5 and attempt to google and play Kick Out The Jams--the beginning is *NSFW*

Last edited:

slowgator

750cc
P.S.S. It all went bye when I met my future wife. She set me on the straight and narrow. To this day, she maintains I'd be dead if I hadn't hooked up with her when I did. 37 years of marriage coming up in 2 weeks.

I'd guess many of us can thank our significant others for setting us on the "straight and narrow". It took me two tries, but I know I can! CONGRATS on your 37 years! Be sure to do something special for the little lady! And KEEP KICKING OUT THE JAMS!:kiss:

Well, maybe not all night anymore...:hurt: