Stainless Trident Exhausts & www.triumph-online.co.uk

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
Hi folks.

I wanted to warn anyone looking for Stainless Steel exhaust silencers/ mufflers and who were thinking of ordering from either Trident Exhausts or their agents in the UK www.triumph-online.co.uk.

I ordered a set of what were described as having a "beautiful finish" of "mirror polished stainless steel". The pictures on both sites depict Norman Hyde Togas oor Burgess style silencers with the curved connector pipe. Both sites are asking £350/ $600 for a set plus shipping.

What I received were TR6 design can, which as you may know don't have a curved connector pipe, but require a separate angled joint connector and a 2nd pipe clamp. The cans I received were, in fact, rusting inside. Finally, they were not 'mirror polished stainless steel' but chromed steel, as was evident from chipping to the chrome around the exit end of the muffler. As we know, chrome flakes and chips eventually - this is why some of us might pay more for genuine stainless.

I received a refund only because I immediately returned the silencers. They refused to refund return shipping, claiming no wrong-doing in their advertising of this product.

Anyway, this is just a friendly heads up for you guys. $600/ £350 is a lot of money for anyone at the moment.

The text that Triumph-online.co.uk and trident Exhausts are presently using:

Our traditionally inspired Bonneville silencers use the latest materials to ensure the highest quality and power whilst retaining that classic look we all love.

High quality mirror polished stainless steel provides a lasting and beautiful finish and unique ceramic packing, which never needs replacing, provides a deep and beautiful sound.

Pictures:

What Trident say they are selling (note the connector pipe). This picture is of Norman Hyde Togas, not the pipes they are actually selling:
triumphonlinepic.jpg

:-[The pipes that arrived:
P7150007.jpg

???Rusting inside the pipes (they claim that this is "residual rust" from mild steel welds and baffles. But what good re they if they rust from the inside out?):
P7150005.jpg

P7150006.jpg

Triumph-online have pre-cons for wrongly advertising their products, so beware....