ST vs RS?

scolepdx

Scooter
Hey all,

I did the Oregon 500 rally a few weeks back on my Scrambler and it took a good week for my back to feel good again, lol.

My local dealer has several STs and one RS used, I'm really thinking about one of them. Just wondering what the main difference is between the ST and the RS.

There is a 2001 and 2005 ST and the RS is a 2004. Any years to look out for or avoid?

Thanks,

Carnation

Street Tracker
RS has lower bars and longer rear shock, smaller fairing and narrower mirrors. Some also had twin sided swingarm from the TT600. All STs were single sided swingarm and had a more finished look inside the fairing.

IMO the RS is the more fun bike with better handling - mine was very good, and quick.

Early RS had black frame and grey engine. Later version (02 on I think) had silver frame and black engine and made 10bhp more than early version. ST engines changed at the same time.

Mahart

Two Stroke
Go with either. I picked up an RS with 104K miles and added 4K since 3/09. They are reliable. I think I prefer the character of the 955 over the 1050.

The 04 RS had the same frame and SSSA as the ST. Prior to that the RS had a DSSA. The head rake angle was altered slightly on the earlier RS's too.

Instruments were more basic but just as functional.

dscott3509

Two Stroke
scolepdx, sorry to dredge up the old thread, but what decision did you make? I'm thinking of going from a Bonnie to a Sprint.

dscott3509

Two Stroke
Congrats. I sat on a Sprint today, and test rode it last summer. It still feels like they took my seating position from my bicycle and just added a motorcycle around it.

dscott3509

Two Stroke
I decided to pick up the Sprint and trade in my Bonnie. 300 miles in about 36 hours, and I did not want to stop riding at any point, too bad life got in the way. I love the thing after a week of owning it. Far more comfortable riding position for me, and I overall feel more in control of the bike. Very glad I made the purchase.

dscott3509

Two Stroke
I got the Sprint ST.

Sprint_09.jpg