Squid of the week.....

koifarm

Hooligan
Deductons

KIOfarm.... you forgot the bounce factor in your calculations. I know cuz I'm that guy's size and I have bounced off the pavement a couple of times. I do however don't wear flipflops or cutoffs when riding. I occasionally "forget" to wear a helmet also.

Okay, okay, 10% off for the bounces....:headbang2:

Skeeter

Rocker
im sorry but flip flops on a dude is about as cool as a fat guy wearin over-alls

Last edited:

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
im sorry but flip flops on a dude are about as cool as a fat guy wearin over-alls

One of our local riders!

IMG_4746.jpg

He is about 6'5" and around 500 pounds. He actually broke the frame of his K1200LT.

He wears leather overalls often, though I doubt flip-flops.

Jim :cool:

Bonafide

NBR founder
the outfit that guy is wearing isn't appropriate for anything.

someone try to think of a legitimate situation where overalls, a wife beater and rubber flip-flops are appropriate and ill send you $1

Easy west coast boy ... I wear overalls and a T-shirt on a daily basis when off duty - and most of the locals around here do too. It's practical apparel for the South. Dont criticize what you dont have personal experience with ... and a wife beater is a white TANK TOP undershirt - not a T-shirt with sleeves.

Overalls at appropriate work - scroll to post #10

Ohio TT

Two Stroke
One of our local riders!

IMG_4746.jpg

He is about 6'5" and around 500 pounds. He actually broke the frame of his K1200LT.

He wears leather overalls often, though I doubt flip-flops.

Jim :cool:

The little fella behind him looks like he's thinking,"Damn, is he gonna take all the gravy?"

koifarm

Hooligan
Oskosh B'gosh

Easy west coast boy ... I wear overalls and a T-shirt on a daily basis when off duty - and most of the locals around here do too. It's practical apparel for the South. Dont criticize what you dont have personal experience with ... and a wife beater is a white TANK TOP undershirt - not a T-shirt with sleeves.

Overalls at appropriate work - scroll to post #10

Thanks for straightening him out Dude....I wear em about every day in the cool weather......
RE: the large dude, it takes a huge amount of dedication, practice and behavior modification to amass that much weight, think of how well he has to balance himself to get that mass moving in the right direction or stop on a dime....only problem is he only has one heart, if he weighs twice his normal weight, he'll live half as long....but at least he'll be happy, most guys that size have a good outlook on life no matter how short it is....
koi

Insterereo

Two Stroke
guys guys guys, whoahhhh there! im not hatin on overalls! simply pointing out the odd combination of overalls and flip flops. i wore overalls myself while i was welding a lot. im just saying...

wearing overalls and flip flops is about as odd as if i was at the beach and saw a guy wearing board shorts and work boots...just doesnt fit.

koifarm

Hooligan
It's okay....

guys guys guys, whoahhhh there! im not hatin on overalls! simply pointing out the odd combination of overalls and flip flops. i wore overalls myself while i was welding a lot. im just saying...

wearing overalls and flip flops is about as odd as if i was at the beach and saw a guy wearing board shorts and work boots...just doesnt fit.

Hey Instereo,
Chill man, nobody's pointing a finger....we just wanted to help you with the nomenclature on the guys outfit. I think more about the "wife beater" thing which, in this neck of the woods anyway, is what we call either a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off or a "tank top" which has skinny little straps and exposes the upper arms and shoulders.
I think your comment on that just rang a few bells on the board and we wouldn't want you to be embarrassed by using the wrong description....

Down here in Flawda, tons of people wear flip flops with bibbs, although you won't find a redneck doing that, us hippies do....and even some harley riders wear them for protection against hot footpegs as well. I am surprised though, that he wasn't wearing Crocks.....the guy's a bit behind the fashion curve.....lol...

Take er easy...
koi

Last edited:

REVOLT

Street Tracker
DSC05884.jpg

Here I am meeting up with some friends that were camping...the Bonnie just out of the picture...I have 5 pairs of Bibs and they rock as riding gear...I wear them Monday thru Friday to work...with 14 hole Doc's...not flip-flops!

Skeeter

Rocker
SEEE!!!!! 14eye docs and bibs are ok. bibs and flipflops, croc, sandals, anything liek that isnt good.... i rock 14eye docs on my thruxx

I wear insulated black Dickies bibs for riding in the winter. I got them a couple sizes too big so I can wear them over jeans. The nice thing is, you don't get wind up your back under the jacket. I also scotch-guarded the HELL out of the legs so they're almost waterproof.

koifarm

Hooligan
Great Idea Sweat, never thought of waterproofing the legs....now where the hell did I leave that can of scotch-guard?
When you're castrating baby pigs, they slobber all over your lower legs....if you've never castrated pigs, you grab the hind feet, trap the head between your knees and stretch em out so the guy with the Gillette razor blade can pop the testicles outta there.....pig slobber is tough to get out of bibbs...(or so my wife says)

Back!nBlack

Two Stroke
SEEE!!!!! 14eye docs and bibs are ok. bibs and flipflops, croc, sandals, anything liek that isnt good.... i rock 14eye docs on my thruxx

It's basic really - Flip Flops have no mf ing place on a motorbike! Bibs with whatever ya like otherwise.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Flip flops not good for bike flops

Flip flops, yeah, I learned that one the hard way.

21st birthday (young & dumb), stationed in Hawaii, partying all day, friend and I heading to Waikiki, lost it on an exit ramp doing 95 mph, tore a big chunk of meat out of my left ankle and sliced my right foot open undoing 3 tendons to my smaller toes, turned my brand new GS550 into a pretzel, thank God friend was smart enough to eject early enough to walk away with only a skinned up tailbone, I'd have felt really shitty about hurting someone else, but hey, I was wearing my helmet! :screwy:

brass

Two Stroke
Start'in to sound like the "view". He's obviously enjoying life, don't be hat'in.
I wear flip-flops when I jump on the bike to make a quick run for something. I'm not going to go change just to go for a quick run.
I don't feel any "pain" shifting bare footed? People ride without helmets (me included), So if I split my foot open, I'm a D.F., but it's ok to split my skull?
Thank God we're all a little different, to bad some just can't accept it.
Many think your a D.F. if you wear a T-shirt instead of a padded leather jacket. Oh well.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I hear shit like that from the 600 sportbike riders around here. First bike, 300 miles of experience, MSF course and they brag they went 150 on the way over.

uhhhh.. WTF?