Squeeky front brakes

drmuonfunk

Scooter
I've noticed that my front brakes squeek a little. I still have a decent amount of pad left and filled up with brake fluid. I've read the disk can be slightly warped but it doesn't sound like the sound is consistent with say a warped disk. Any one have any insight on how to get the squeeking to stop?

drlapo

Hooligan
clean the disc and pad with brake cleaner
put a smear of very high temp grease on the back of the pad or the blue brake anti squeek stuff
that is what i do on my BMW and it lasts for almost 100 miles; then they squeek again

DandyDoug

750cc
Some bike like cars have a bit of brake squeel , usually due to constant lite pressure of pads on the disc rotor.
A bit of brake lube on the moveable parts and the back side of the pads helps, but the best solution is to take the bugger out, get it up to speed and get on the binders a few times.
Get the system hot , use the brakes like they are intended to be used. Pads are cheap.

nohawk

Rocker
I'd put a bit of grease on the back of the pads for sure and clean/grease the pins in the caliper that go through the pads too

drmuonfunk

Scooter
I have ridges in my pad left, definitely. As I mentioned before I bought the bike with 6700 miles so they could have been replaced. I replaced the rears last fall after taking it to the dealer and haven't ridden much since then. Checked the other day and still have a decent amount left.

Norvel

Two Stroke
Good question my guess is 16,000 since I don't think they were changed before I bought the bike at 6,700 miles.

Probably time to replace them.

I had a bit of a squeel with the stock pads on my 09' Bonnie SE and at 6k I replaced the them with EBC's.

Gread pad - great grip and no squeel.