Squeak when backing up

I have a 2010 that runs like a dream, but when I'm backing out, I occasionally hear a slight squeak. It's sort of like a whirring, and it happens briefly. I've tried to find a specific spot it does it, and I've made sure the chain is lubed.

It does this with the engine off or on. Does this sound like a serious problem?

phil

Street Tracker
Hey man.. my does that every once in a while, too. I almonst pinpointed it to the front or back rotor?? I just try to clean it we'll if I go to the car wash. I have a 2010 bonnie s.e. My old yamaha used to do that and I would clean the rotors with 1000 grit sand paper (wet or dry) and then finish it with 2000 wet. just to kinda clean them, not to much though. I found a lil berr on the front rotor on the bonnie that would make it squeek also so; I did the same thing with the sand paper and it seem to help a lilttle. Hope this helps you. cheers mate.

strokerlmt

A mouse unda the seat.............
+ 1 on the rotors......I clean em every now and then and things quiet down......
LMT

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Mine has always done that when pushing her backwards, and a little bit when pushing forwards. Definately coming from the front disc. No harm done.