Sports Cars?

Gretsch

Rocker
Who has one and what ya' got. I've been contemplating getting one of the following...

Boss 302 Mustang (yeah, it's a muscle car more than a sports car)
Mustang GT500 SVT package (pure muscle with 550 HP)
with Porsche Cayman S
Lotus Elise
Nissan 370Z Nismo

I'm a long time from getting anything right now. I'm still paying off the medical bills and need to fix the bike. Still, it's fun to dream...

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, I drove a Z3 BMW 2.3 and I was VERY impressed with it. The only problem was my mezomorph body type didn't fit very well with the top up. I kept hitting my head, but man oh man it went well & handled like a weasel in a drainpipe. I didn't buy it, since as you know you gotta have some kinda top in the Winter.

And the Audi TTs are a great car too according to my Brother. He almost sold his Vette to get one.

ivar

TT Racer
If I lived in colorado, with "real" winters, I'd look into a Subaru Impreza STI - a couple buddies have owned those - and looks like they're having fun.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
How much sport and what price are you looking for is really the question.

A few useable sporty cars with good aftermarket support.

Mini S (dont laugh these things with a few mods can do some serious driving)
Volkswagen GTI (simple intake and computer tune can get you 60 more HP add on a cat back exhaust and you've got yourself a zip car.)
Mazdaspeed 3 (good out of the box fun car)
Subaru STI (all wheel madness)
2011 Mustang GT 5.0 (these things are phenomenal now, not just muscle cars)
nismo 370 (great little car but for what it is overpriced)
Hyundai Genesis Track (fun fast little fuckin coupe)

These are just what I'd consider reasonably priced sporty cars. All have their positives and negatives

Bonafide

NBR founder
Drove a Lotus ... that's a pure sports car. Not a blinding terror of speed but boy do they handle. The Mini S with their dealer installed box of goodies (head, cam, turbo, exhaust) is a pocket rocket and handles like a go kart. My all time favorite for a 'sporty' car would be a Noble. Drove a M12 - rung it's neck like it stole something and it took everything and delivered. They're pricing about mid $50k now-a-days - that's the same price you'll pay for the GT500 or Boss302 but the Noble will perform like a 6 figure supercar. A Mustang, and I do love them dearly, is still a Mustang ...

A guy I know (won't say a friend, because he's a fucking moron) had a Nismo Z and wrapped it around a telephone pole driving like a fucking moron. Of course it was totalled, somehow he wasn't, and the insurance paid out for a new 4 Runner. At least he had the sense to get something less sporty because he certainly couldn't handle owning a sports car.

nohawk

Rocker
Im with ivar on the subaru sti, love the sound of the boxer engine. But the mustang gt500 is about as refined as a musclecar can be and they look great. It is fun to dream..

I would freakin' love a new WRX Sti wagon. Those things are bad ass and sound awesome. I saw a modded one pull out of a Target parking lot, nail it, and do a 4 wheel power drift through the first 3 gears. It was badass.

modp_0907_01+spt_2008_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti+left.jpg

nohawk

Rocker
Driving one on Forza is about as close as Im gonna get. I bet Gretsch see's them often in CO, the subarus seem to be more popular up there. I dont even know where the nearest dealer is around here. Sweat that white one looks good but Id have to go with the blue one.

Im with ivar on the subaru sti, love the sound of the boxer engine. But the mustang gt500 is about as refined as a musclecar can be and they look great. It is fun to dream..

They're known as "Scooby Doo's" in England and along with the Mitsubishi Evos are the weapon of choice for someone who want's something fast and with good handling but still retain some practicality.

Dream on!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Mahart

Two Stroke
I would freakin' love a new WRX Sti wagon. Those things are bad ass and sound awesome. I saw a modded one pull out of a Target parking lot, nail it, and do a 4 wheel power drift through the first 3 gears. It was badass.

modp_0907_01+spt_2008_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti+left.jpg

Those give me a boner.

This is mine, probably a muscle car rather than a sports car. Reasonable comfort compared with a true sports car. In Australia they are called Holden Monaro in the states they are Pontiac GTO's.

P1130003.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder
This is mine, probably a muscle car rather than a sports car. Reasonable comfort compared with a true sports car. In Australia they are called Holden Monaro in the states they are Pontiac GTO's.

Definite muscle car. Pontiac is dead - lost to the economy. GM kept the G8 platform and have tweaked it a bit. The new Chevy Caprice (Police Package) coming out next year will be that car in a 4 door. Scary, huh? :headbang2:

henrys

Street Tracker
07990032.jpg

06 Evolution with basic bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, ecu tune). It puts down 330hp at the wheels on 93 octane fuel. This is a pretty mild configuration for these cars. With cams and bigger injectors it will put down 400 with no problem. It's the best handling car I've ever driven.. the chassis is amazing!

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I'm car shopping, too. Current front runner is the 2007 Infiniti G35x (x for AWD because when the road is slippery things suck out here). Stock, does the 1/4 mile at a CH under the Ton. Looks good doing it, too.