Dawgone

Two Stroke
Had a hard time comin up with a title for this post

Considered:

"The Devil Went Down in Georgia"
"Southern Hospitality"
"What a Long, Strange Trip it's been"
"It Never Got Weird Enough for Me"

I survived... Jail, "Shine", Rain, Tornado Warnings, and at the end left the south
having had the privledge of meeting and hangin with the east coast contingent of the NTBF.

Flew into Atlanta a week ago Monday, John picked me up at the airport,
an hour later we were out of the city and at his home in rural Canton.
Jinna & Shadow (The newest addition to the family) made me feel comfortable
and right at home.

Tues: John, Bud (Bonafide) and I had a great time tearin up the famed North Georgia
Mtns. 129, 180, No Georgia 60 & I can't even remember all the rest. They were everything
John and Scott had said they were, fun, smooth, and un-crowded. Though I did find 1 pothole, the hard way.

Wed: John, Bud, Deb, and I made the Pilgramage to Birmingham Al, to see the Barber Motorsports Museum.
What an incredible facility, it's effin beautiful. An amazing collection of imaculately restored bikes.

Thu: We packed up John's truck and he headed off to Maggie Valley via the Interstate, I headed out on a different route he'd mapped out for me, a more "Fun" route for me and Scotty's TT special.

We parted at the begining of GA Hwy 53 and 21 miles later I met Deputy "Chester".
"You in a BIG Hurry ?" ... "Know how fast your were goin ?" ... "I clocked you at 87" ...
"You from Cali-Fornia ?" ... "Can't give you a ticket, you gotta post a bond. Cali-Fornia aint signed the Compact"...
"Got any knives or weapons I need to know about ?"

Searched, Handcuffed, Photgraphed, Fingerprinted, and thank god, locked up in Solitary! No Bubba!

5 and 1/2 long hours later, John's wife Jinna bailed my sorry ass outta jail & I was on my way to N.C. -
a whole lot slower than when I started. Got there about 7:30 and had a Cheesburger and Margarita with John.

News travels fast in them parts, and next thing ya know I'm a minor celebrity. They all laughed while they
apologised for the less then hospitable treatment. Lots more laughter and I felt welcome and glad I'd made it.

Fri: Woke up to some rain... but the sun popped out and John and I headed out to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
It's so incredibly Beautiful up there that I didn't mind the road being a little wet at first. Gave me a
chance to look around and take in the scenery. Later that day we Met the real Celebrity Guest.
"Mr. Bones" Dave Aldana. After lunch, Tom K, Dave Aldana, and some others headed up to the BRP.

Since I'd done that already Tom suggested a ride up hwy 209 to "Hot Springs", Damn if that wasn't
the most fun I'd have since I left GA. Lotsa great corners and some nice long SLOW straights through
some incredible valleys! It'll be along time before I forget that ride.

Friday Night was the BBQ at the Wheels through Time museum. OMG ! it's incredible. As amazing as Barber
is, this place is it's polar opposite and definately as awesome as Barber in it's own way!

Sat rained off and on, so John and I did the tourist thing in his truck, hung out at the Motel, watched the
weather & well did a whole lotta nuthin which was OK with me.

Sunday was a 100 miles in the rain back to John's cabin in the BlueRidge mountains, a painfully long,
slow, wet ride.

What a trip, it's hard to believe it's over already. It was an incredible experience. Including Jail &
My first ever tast of "Shine", yup good ole Southern Moonshine. I got to ride Scott's bike, on Scott's roads.
Meet his wife and daughters, it was an emotional experience & one I'm gratefull for.

To the other 5 "Phockers" that didn't make the trip, your loss, sorry lads.

To John, Jinna, Shadow, Bud, Deb, Pops and all the fellas at Maggie Valley, thanks for the "Southern Hospitality".
I had an amazing time & can't wait to get back... with a Georgia Drivers License in my possesion of course.

Cheers y'all!

Some pics I took:
http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k19/CanyonKrazy/Southern Accents/

Wheels Through Time website:
http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com

simpson

TT Racer
Had a great time too...minus the jail time. I hope that doesn't take away from my street cred too much.

What a great time! Can't wait to go back!

-simpson

p.s. I think I remember something about tequila?

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
We'll detour around "chester" county next time! :pd: Glad you could make it out even though the other 5 phockers bailed. I have Pops interested in the SE Bonneville, need to get him to a dealer.

GF

Scooter
Now that's a VACATION! Awesome pics-great recap! It was great to meet and ride with you. Don't let the cops around this area keep you away. With a little effort and patience they can be awright! ;-)

Dawgone

Two Stroke
Hey y'all, well it's back to work and it SUCKS! Spent last week breaking as many traffic laws as I could and never saw the "Po Po".

Guess I need to start studying for my GA drivers test!

Later, Chris