Someone to Lean On

monty

Street Tracker
You are so right Tang.
There are times when my lad stops me in my tracks with something he has said or done. I have him for a week soon and i cannot wait. We will load up the bike and do some miles before camping for a few nights. Just the two of us.

Monty

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
You are so right Tang.
We will load up the bike and do some miles before camping for a few nights. Just the two of us.

Monty

Camping and biking in Wales goes together like peanut butter & jelly! I truly miss riding that country side over there...Wales was always my favorite spot to go ride when I was in the UK. Have a great time with your boy...that is awesome stuff right there!

Just read through this after an extended absence from the forum. Tang, reading your words in retrospect I can see you and your family growing in strength in each updated post. First despair and frustration, then anger and resolve and now, dare I say it, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

You are a hell of a man and your family deserves you just as much as you deserve them. I wish you sincere continued good luck and a long and happy future my unknown friend.

Cheers,

Pikey.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Just read through this after an extended absence from the forum. Tang, reading your words in retrospect I can see you and your family growing in strength in each updated post. First despair and frustration, then anger and resolve and now, dare I say it, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

You are a hell of a man and your family deserves you just as much as you deserve them. I wish you sincere continued good luck and a long and happy future my unknown friend.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Thank you Pikey, those are really kind words you shared with me and I appreciate that a whole bunch. It has been a while since I have given an update on this thread I started back in February so here goes:

Last Friday was my wife's last chemo session...a celebration in of itself and number ten is in the books. I am thankful for that as the chemo has worn her out physically but not spiritually. My advise of the hour...I strongly urge either getting in good condition or staying in good condition. Work out, incorporate a strong cardio regiment in your life. My wife being in good shape allowed her to carry on with the fight as chemo does two things very strongly: it attacks cancer and it also destroys the body. If my wife did not take such good care of herself then she would not have lasted during these past eight months of chemo she has been and the results of it are unbelievable.

The doctor had a CT scan and MRI arranged in preparation for her surgery next month. My wife no longer has a tumor. She no longer even has a mass in her breast. It wiped it out. The doc said that if this was a normal examination, then the only way he would be able to tell would be to take a sample and test that. Nothing shows up on the pictures. There is an ever so slight mass showing in the lymph node. So we are looking at a 75% reduction in the lymph node and a complete elimination down to the cellular in her breast. The doc went on to say that it would be unethical for him to give a 100% prediction on how he feels things will go for the surgery but with that said, he is not going to give her another percent either...he feels that good about it. Next month is the surgery and then she has her aftercare for a year. For the first time since February I feel like I can come up for air. Mrs. Tang is going to get through this and our boys will not go through the hell I did as a child. My grip has not loosened for one second during this whole nightmare. I don't want to talk as if this fight is over because it is not but the news we just received floored us all in a VERY good way and we are all on cloud nine over here in Japan. I will continue to update within the next month as I will see this thread through just as I am seeing this fight through with my family.

A huge thank you to everyone that has offered me support through this and the kind words, thoughts and prayers expressed to me and my family. That energy has more strength to it than we give credit at times. I wish that there was a pub we could all meet up at and the first eight or ten rounds would be on me...:cheers::beer:

monty

Street Tracker
Tang, I am so very pleased to read your latest update.

My thoughts remain with you and your wonderful family. This is fine news.

Pause, draw breath and keep going. Rest assured that a good many people wish you well.

May your god go with you all.

Best wishes,

Monty

strokerlmt

BO....this is all great news....so glad your wife is doing well....hang in always thinking about your family.....interesting how motorcycles bond individuals....
Best
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Thank you for the words of support guys...it means a lot. Today the USO sponsored a trip for the monsters of Sesame Street to come out here to little Misawa Air Base and do a show called Sesame Street military families. I scooped up the boys and gave mom a quiet house to chill in for a while. My little ten pounder loves Grover and he was there. Sesame Street is beyond awesome with everything they do. The performance they did today revolved around two major themes...the first one was how kids cope with going through a re-assignments; the loss of friends, your home, new school, etc. and how important it is to stay in touch AND the opportunities you have on meeting new people and seeing new places. The other theme was coping when mommy and daddy has to go away for work to a place where there are people that want to hurt them. I am very impressed how Sesame Street take on issues like this that face military children and put that special Sesame Street touch to it...real class act.

I know this is off the topic of the thread but I have to throw a plug out to Sesame Street. I am very grateful and thankful for the quality work that they do. Both my boys love Sesame Street and my little ten pounder damn near had a heart attack when Grover came out into the crowd and grabbed him, taking him back to the stage to dance. It was a great day!

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
B06Tang.

I hope your wife to recover soon. I hope to hear better news from you after the surgery.

My best wishes to you and your family. You have a beautiful family.

You'll be in my prayers.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I wanted to follow up as I think you guys that have shared with me your thoughts/feelings/prayers deserve to know where the Tang family is standing.

The wife went in for surgery and got checked in on Tuesday with the surgery on Wednesday. The results leading up to this during the chemo schedule was more than what we expected. A long story short but the procedure to one hour and forty minutes...almost to the minute that the doctor told me it would until he would come for me and discuss how it went. The health insurance office on the base sent a translator down to help me talk to the doc and to stay with me. She showed up knowing my wife's name and a box of chocolates from the Japanese ladies at that office to give to her. Mrs. Tang, unlikely me, has the ability to make friends in a very short amount of time and even had the people flipping the money to pay the bills rooting for her and making check ups for her on her behalf...pretty fucking awesome.

One of the concerns we were prepared about was that there are sometimes differences during the operation itself in what they find. MRI's, CT scans, ultrasounds...all of those things share the same thing and that is at the end of the day, it is still equipment looking from the outside to the inside. Nothing substitutes hands on with the doc's very own eyes. With that said, I was informed that what he saw during the operation was even BETTER than what the tests have predicted. The doctor feels that he got it and that she will be on the road to full recovery. He also said that outside of the incision, there was virtually no bleeding whatsoever which was a sign that he was most happy again. I guess masses/tumors will bleed a lot when disturbed and having no bleeding is yet another awesome sign.

The wife is still in the hospital and I am playing Mr. Mom right now with my boys where hopefully she gets released sometime next week. We then go back in another week for the final test to see if my wife is truly cancer free. I asked the doc, outside the tests and the numbers and all the things he is going to run...but at the end of the day.....what is his feeling on this. I was informed by the translator that he would do a backflip if she isn't cancer free...he is that confident. He said it was one of the smoothest procedures he has ever done.

We were informed by the hospital that we couldn't bring the boys there for visits as they were too young to be in the hospital. This was a painful memory for me because I was fed the same shit with my mom when I was about my oldest boys' age and I never saw her again when she got admitted. So naturally I listened to the rules expressed to us by the administration and then in a calm, direct and deliberate manner....I brought the boys with me yesterday to see her...fuck 'em! If you could have seen my five year old yell MOMMY! and went on a dead ass spring down the long corridor to get to her...then you would have seen that I made the right choice. Give me the fucking fine...I don't care. We went to the café and ate ice cream floats as my two year became velcro'd to my wife's lap. There will be more to follow up but like I told the wife...it feels as if the shift has happened. The shift from fighting to keeping our spirits up to try to get through to the shift of healing where she gets better now and it's an incredibly awesome feeling! To say I am thankful doesn't even begin to describe it. I sat on a park bench when the wife was resting after the operation and thought to myself....'not this time...not to these boys.'

strokerlmt

Great great news my friend......I will keep the positive vibes transmitting across the PACIFIC IN YOUR DIRECTION until the "all clear" comes...which will happen. Hug your boys and wife for me. Stand tall....
LMT
"press on"

Clyde12

Scooter
Very best to you and your wife. Went through this with my wife almost four years ago. Not being in the lymph nodes is HUGE. She had chemo/radiation and is doing great. This is beatable, so have faith, hang tough with her... take one day at a time and just get her through the treatments, and every day, remember that "this is beatable".

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Thank you guys for your comments you throw up throughout this entire thread. It means a lot to me. It is looking like Mrs. Tang will come here tomorrow and everyone is quite excited. We are not done with this yet as we have to go back for testing next week to confirm that she is indeed cancer free now and then the radiation treatments start up that will be daily for five weeks. But the feeling has definitely shifted from trying to cope and battling this to a time where she is starting to heal...big difference.

I'm making waffles and eggs and getting the boys ready for the daily grind. I will not stumble on this...my boys and my wife will get the very best from me that I can bring out for them. Our families are everything...this is the bright & obvious truth I have REALLY learned these past eight months.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Not sure how I missed this thread, as I am reading it for the first tome tonight, but I want to say thank you for sharing. I am happy (if that's the right word) to hear how things are turning out and how you and your family are working through this together. My wife and I lost a good friend a few years ago, not the same but the raw emotions that you have been going through certainly draw parallels. Good luck, wish you and yours the best :up:.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer

We got back from the hospital today and the official word is that Mrs. Tang is cancer free! We still have the year long after care to perform now and there will be close monitoring for the next five years to ensure nothing else happens but she is cancer free and the doctor could not be happier with the results.

I had her present waiting for her at the house when we came home as I told her back in February that we will get through this, get back to the states to raise these boys and I will take her to get a cheeseburger in her sidecar. Everyone knows you have to wear a buff when riding a Brit bike :D

Matt, This is fantastic news. I couldn't be happier for you guys.

Tonight is mine and my wifes 12 year wedding anniversary. I'll raise a glass and toast to you and yours.

strokerlmt

Matt what great pictures mate. Your wife looks as bright as can be and I am sure your support added greatly to the relief you can see in her eyes. Best to you both and the boys. Keep us up to date please.
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Thanks a lot Chris & Lach; I appreciate the words and gestures. It certainly was a good day yesterday and long time coming. It is time to take this gift and make the most of it now.

KingBear

Hooligan
Congratulations to you and the Mrs., Matt. My wife and I are at the very beginning of the journey you two are now concluding. QueenBear was diagnosed on August 20, had a modified radical mastectomy two weeks ago tomorrow, had a P.E.T. scan today, and goes in Tuesday for placement of the mediport. We have many months of chemotherapy, radiation, reconstruction, and all the rest you well know better than I do. Hopefully we will have a celebration like yours to look forward to.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
KingBear - I am sorry to hear of this news and know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife. Detection is key and it is pretty amazing what is able to be done today if caught in time. This is a fight and look at it as a fight. Take it personal, dig your heels in as deep as you can and take it on. Surround you and your wife with positive energy and with family & friends who are on your side and will help. Even friends on a Bonnie forum are lumped into this as their prayers and thoughts do help!:) Put it in your mind that you get through this and take the stages as markers to get through and you and your Mrs. can do this.

There is no "hopefully" involved. You WILL have a celebration to look forward to. Put that into your mind, see it happening and then make it happen. Stay strong and find avenues that help YOU stay in the game so you can support. Expressing yourself here, working on the bike, riding the bike, getting in the gym...those were the four big things that I threw myself into so my focus stayed sharp and you do the same. Find the healthy avenue that works for you and use because the stark reality is that the person sick gets the attention (rightly so) but what often is overlooked is the significant other that is in the fight as well supporting. Find what makes you tick to stay healthy and focused. See it happening...get bull headed about it....and make it happen. I am rooting for you both and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.