Some thoughts about RAT

strokerlmt

Hey I am NOT bashing anyone just some thoughts about my individuality. As I have mentioned numerous times here I have always been a bit of a loner, not a joiner and other than a college hockey 4 year stint mostly individual sports, hobbies and activities. After getting put in my place by sweatmachine when I found NBR for some rash statements and learning the NBR ropes I have really enjoyed the group and have what I call friends here many I have not physically met. RAT is 64,314 members and climbing.
RAT has a new policy about classified sections. As I understand it you have to be a poster and have the respect of the members in order to have access to the classified sections. (now I have purchased hundreds maybe a couple grand in bits from that section). As I understand it if you don't want to post a bunch you can become a premium member which I haven't looked at but assume that means payment of some sort.
It is interesting that I email using personal address back and forth with a few RAT members. Forchette is a friggin super hero and has helped me out a couple of times...great gent.
As I said...its just me.....RAT can run their site which has a vault full of great information and I appreciate the resource very much, anyway they want. I wonder why folks that do not want to banter back and forth all the time are discriminated against.
Nuff said....press on NBR
LMT

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
TRN is a corporate owned website. Started out grassroots (like this one), but the owner sold it to the festering fleecing machine and they own a couple dozen big (auto/moto) forums like TRN ... all run the same way. It's a business - PAY to be a premium user, PAY to get access privileges, etc ..

nohawk

Rocker
When did they start this??
The only posts I have over there are in my Daytona part out thread. Its been going on for over a year I think, with a shitload of replies.
Big forums usually suck. Since getting back into dirtbikes Ive been on Thumpertalk a bunch. There is alot of knowladge over there and its a h-u-g-e
forum. For the most part its a cool, well run forum. I guilty of wasting many,many hours on ADVrider too. NBR is the most "comfortable" place to contribute and participate for sure. I think thats due to the easy to understand rules.

Iceseven

750cc
I found out firsthand that TRN was actually monitoring what dual members of NBR and TRN were writing over here and when I wrote something negative about about how there is nothing new on TRN except the usual "what oil do I use" TRN shut me down on their site. So if you partake with TRN be warned, big brother or should I say a fat Canadian (forgot his name) may be watching.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Fuck RAT over there...censoring fuckheads that define the word hypocritical. I told them to shove their bullshit straight up their ass over a year ago and haven't been back since. They give Triumph a bad name.

On a brighter note so that I don't end with doom & gloom...the base is getting ready to open the season up in three more days so all you NBR mofo's, get ready for some more northern Japan photos!! The earthquake last year kind of shortened some of the destinations I wanted to hit so this is going to be the make up season for those places!

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
So if you partake with TRN be warned, big brother or should I say a fat Canadian (forgot his name) may be watching.

Wombat lives in Canada? :loser:

I do know they use an add on feature called 'miserable user'. Google it. That way your account still shows up on the statistics report for their advertisers.

One of the stated reasons for putting some restrictions on the classifieds was that they didn't want people signing up just to use classifieds, and they wanted to avoid scammers in there. Seems reasonable to me.

As far a monitoring is concerned, yeah, everything you do on the internet is being monitored, data-mined, and stored for eternity. That's why I don't have a Facebook account, don't text and Tweet, and these two Triumph sites are the only forums in which I participate. I like my privacy, and I don't flatter myself that anyone other than my circle of personal friends and family have any interest in what I do and have to say.

Last edited:

hankmarx

750cc
Straight up, Fuck those guys. Nanny state mods pissed me off. Deleting posts, handing out reprimands, holier than thou and smug as shit.

strokerlmt

One of the stated reasons for putting some restrictions on the classifieds was that they didn't want people signing up just to use classifieds, and they wanted to avoid scammers in there. Seems reasonable to me.

As far a monitoring is concerned, yeah, everything you do on the internet is being monitored, data-mined, and stored for eternity. That's why I don't have a Facebook account, don't text and Tweet, and these two Triumph sites are the only forums in which I participate. I like my privacy, and I don't flatter myself that anyone other than my circle of personal friends and family have any interest in what I do and have to say.

First the reason stated is lame. They have enough monitors to keep out the scammers. Second everyone is exposed on the internet, the difference with RAT is that they are "telling" me what I can and cannot do. I actually liked cruising through the classified sectors looking for unique shit.
LMT

strokerlmt

TRN is a corporate owned website. Started out grassroots (like this one), but the owner sold it to the festering fleecing machine and they own a couple dozen big (auto/moto) forums like TRN ... all run the same way. It's a business - PAY to be a premium user, PAY to get access privileges, etc ..

Bonafide.....appreciate "your" site even more. 4000 strong and growing.
"press on"
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I actually liked cruising through the classified sectors looking for unique shit.
LMT

There is an idea!! Something the pin headed fascist mentality fucks over there couldn't grasp...that a lot of the members actually enjoyed combing through the classifieds and didn't have a junior mentality of how cool you must be depending on your post count. I guess it's kind of hard to be objective and see both sides of things when all you do is try to shove your iron fist up other peoples' ass. As I have told most of them over there....they can go fuck themselves for all I care and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually have already figured out how to do that at this point.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
calmdown.jpg

strokerlmt

There is an idea!! Something the pin headed fascist mentality fucks over there couldn't grasp...that a lot of the members actually enjoyed combing through the classifieds and didn't have a junior mentality of how cool you must be depending on your post count. I guess it's kind of hard to be objective and see both sides of things when all you do is try to shove your iron fist up other peoples' ass. As I have told most of them over there....they can go fuck themselves for all I care and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually have already figured out how to do that at this point.

I know its a shame, members want to sell something, bike parts whatever, I am not going to post bullshit so I can look so they have lost a cash customer. Ah well...
LMT