"Soft Tail Bonnie Bobber...

Flaco

750cc
Pic's of my "Soft Tail Bonnie Bobber" project as requested by a few NBR members... Long post's... Grab a Guinness...

1st pic)
Here are some pic's of the build back in December...
This pic shows it w/ an 18" rear rim... estimated top speed w/ gearing at 130-134 MPH ... Bubs is on my (bucket list) this coming August...
The dark gray will be '05 Triumph Goodwood Green w/ gold pin strip w/ black and white pin strip highlights...
The light gray area of the rear fender will be cut to the tread shape of my 17" 150 Avon tyre for the street...
Just got the 17" rim from Buchanan's today so time to get out the plasma cutter to cut and grind the rear fender to shape!
The 1' dom tubing I bent for the seat mount will about 1"+ lower than shown...
Custom Hagon shocks to fitment...
Two set's of pipes, Drag and stock w/ BC Sleepers...

2nd Pic)
You can see the pinch weld cut off the fuel tank and chromed tank that will have just the side emblem area left chromed....
The top and knee pad area will follow the pin stripe paint theme...
Note the oil cooler I designed. And no, I didn't do the TIG welding, however my welder friend Rusty builds Baja race frames does...
His costomers lives depend on his builds and repairs...
I don't pull my own teeth, I go to a dentist!
Our yeah, the front fender is a stock Bonnie bobbed right at the fender mount area...
You know, shorter than stock but longer than a Thruxton...
The lower triple tree is chrome (later pic.) and the lower fork legs have ground off fender mounts.
The hole in the neck gusset is where the marine grade ignition switch will be...

Wait! Not bored yet?
More...

3rd pic)

Another view of the pinch weld removal... And I don't want to tell you, but those are SM / BA intakes that lower our aftermarket carbs w/ plenty of clearance on the petcock and side covers...
I just started hammering out my aluminum side covers to fit and built my battery box on my brake press but will need a redo as soon as I have the frame welded up...
Side covers might end up carbon fibre as my son works part time at a local shop...

4th pic)
Front w/ drag bars... Custom hand controls coming soon...
Turn signals... Maybe...

(Stay tuned, if your interested.) Mo' pic's and commentary to follow...

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1
  • Front left.jpg
    Front left.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0

Flaco

750cc
#2 "Bonnie Soft Tail Bobber" build...

More crap...

Pic 1)
Tank pin stripe... first mock up... will be a little shallower in the scallops...

Pic 2)
Ass end w/ cat eye tail light and sissy bar...

Pic 3)
Frame w/ lower chrome triple tree...

Attachments

• Tank detail.jpg
    Tank detail.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0
  • Rearshot.jpg
    Rearshot.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0

Craigore

TT Racer
oh wow that's pretty unique. I have to see another picture of it from the side cause I'm having trouble figuring out how the seat will work on there

Flaco

750cc
oh wow that's pretty unique. I have to see another picture of it from the side cause I'm having trouble figuring out how the seat will work on there
If you look at pic #1 you'll see the 1" dom tubing I bent (under the seat.)
Temp mock up held w/ those red C clamps...
It will be lowered 1" to meet with the top shock mounts. I'm welding up the frame soon so you'll see it completed...

Skeeter

Rocker
i got to see al's workshop and bike in person today. im diggin that oil cooler he made. the bikes gonna look killer when hes done