So do I need to worry??.... caught in the rain

MKNG TRX

Scooter
Riding into work this morning and got caught in the rain big time. My wet bike is now sitting in the parking garage. Is there anything I need to worry about since the bike got pretty wet on the way in? My ride: '09 T-100. Thanks guys/gals.

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Haha you do realise that this is a British bike don't you? It rains 364 days a year here and mine sits outside for 365. Just dry the seat and ride on :)

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
It's the curse of the british bike. When I first got mine, it sorta became a joke between the wife and I. There were days I would leave the house with clear skies and no chance of rain, and come home wet. Now when I don't feel like being rained on, I ride something else...

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
I've been riding in snow all week. A bit of fishtailing but the only real hiccup being problems starting after a night out at -5 c.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Weather is weather, you can worry about it, dress for it, plan for it, but it's always there and you always have to deal with it.

HAHA no worries! I ride my '06 Scambler everyday here in Oregon. Rain only washes off the weeks road grime and mud from the forest road weekends. Just keep the chain waxed every now and again, if you ride often in the wet do a thorough lubrication check @ season's end and you're good to go. :headbang2:

grindal

Scooter
Good to know it CAN start... I worry about 30 degree weather.

indeed same thing here... after a few tries it start, but i do regulary put the bike on a battery charger because i make short trips everyday;....

and a lot of silicone-spray to prevent from the salt