Smart phone pictures

KingBear

Hooligan
Thread Hijack Alert!!

Unrelated to cellular technology but tangent to the issue of government intrusion on personal liberty...

I am a law-abiding citizen. I have never gotten sideways with cops or even had an occasion to have an unfriendly conversation with them. I work with them on a daily basis and for the most part they are decent guys trying to do a tough job. And while I see some merit to organizations like the ACLU, I frequently find myself thinking they are on the wrong side of certain issues.

Nevertheless, for many years I have carried an ACLU "Bust Card" with me in my wallet. If you don't have one or don't know what it is, I encourage you to print this out and at least read it over. You never know when you might find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time, or in the hands of an overzealous LEO looking to get his rocks off by rousting John Q Public...

http://aclu-nm.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/English-Bust-Card-printerfriendly.pdf

jphickory

Banned
Have not seen the card you are talking about but I know that the ACLU routinely fights AGAINST the values and traditions that have made our country great. They are a bunch of a**holes and their founders had communist ties.

hankmarx

750cc
Who will get the first speeding ticket simply because their GPS in the phone said they did?

It is only a matter of time.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Who will get the first speeding ticket simply because their GPS in the phone said they did?

It is only a matter of time.

I bet it will be someone who couldn't be bothered with reading the instructions and turning off the GPS before breaking the law. :)

I was very surprised that nobody commented on the potential upside of all this, over in the thread about the bike shop that got ripped off. If all this tech was as pervasive and Big Brotherish as so many of you seem to think, it would have been trivial to look in the database for the unique ID's of whatever cellphones happened to be at that location at that time, then track their current location and go pick up the bikes and the bandits.

KingBear

Hooligan
Have not seen the card you are talking about...
The card is at the link I posted. See?

Interesting thing BlueJ, with all the college co-eds and other young women who turn up dead or missing in the news seemingly every few weeks, Kelsey was trying to find a device which could be implanted into her hip so she could be found if such a thing ever happened to her. She said she didn't care if I could track her on a daily basis, as long as I could find her when she needed to be found. Of course I assured her I would find her with or without a tracking device, but it was a very interesting conversation.

Thank you Liam Neeson.