Skate or Die...and an Ammo can?

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Replaced LSL crash pads with some kick ass Birdhouse Skateboard wheels...then added a bit-o-protection to the left rear footpeg/exhaust hanger. Then I drilled and mounted my new saddlebag...although I'm not a fan of saddlebages on a Bonnie...they are functional so I thought I'd try something different...yes, it's been done before...but not having mufflers allows me to mount it low and close...
Front left of motor...
ammocan002.jpg

Rear left hanger...
ammocan001.jpg

Then I took an old 45 ammo can that a buddy gave me, drilled some holes, bought a few nuts & bolts...tada!!
ammocan004.jpg

ammocan006.jpg

They ammo can is not getting a fresh coat of paint...I'm keeping the vintage 30 year look it has attained over the years...

Cheers!
MONDO

the bike looks great! I have a few of those ammo cans laying around as well, they're great and tough as nails.

the skate wheels? hmm, they look better on a pair of Indy trucks I think, but kudos to you for doing something original.

got any detail pics of how you mounted that ammo can?

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Steve, a man after my own Heart...That's from the Billetproof show in Chehalis...Hell yeah!! I can't wait for this coming March! I'm going to try and sneak my Bonnie in...We'll see?

Wolfie...dig'n the Harp...right on...

Jeff...I'll post some pictures in the morning on how I mounted it...it was simple as hell and rock solid.

Cheers!
MONDO

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Hell Yeah Jeff!! I get all sorts of comments about it...the Superbike/Sportbike guys don't care for it...but I don't care for them either so it's cool. I bought it from the Billetproof.com website...the same show I was just holaring at Steve about, where that Gasser picture was taken. Click on 'Store'...It's a Great show...Very LowBrow and LowBudget rules...they'll be in Giddings, Tejas July 25th-26th this year...if it's not too far from where you live...you should check it out!!

Steve- June 27th-28th are the 2009 dates!! I saw your Bonnie there last year...but not you...We'll have to do better on meeting up this year.

Bonniebret

Rocker
This LowBrow/Rat Rod Lover says "AWESOME!" I love the hearing the reaction from sport bike guys to things that go against everything they're about.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Wow...that guy must get around...oh wait, it's not the same car...your Bakersfield picture has a mooneyes decal on the front cowl!! I guess it's a look-a-like...Nice car though.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Here you go Jeffe...

Here is the top mount where I used an L bracket and a rubber lined bolt clamp...Then in the background you can see the flush mount of the footpeg/exhaust hanger.
ammocan002-1.jpg

Inside is a strong back to add some strength to the thin walled can...the bolt head to your right, with the large washer, is the 5/16" bolt that bolts throught the footpeg mount. The bolt to your left is for added support for that end of the can against the strong back. I'm extremely happy with the set up. It's strong, mounted right, and looks like it is floating next to the bike...clean. except for wheels...damn...
ammocan.jpg

The 45 can fit my Stanley thermos for my all important coffee for warming when I get to work on these cold winter morning...and my lunch.
ammocan003.jpg

Top view...nice and clean
ammocan004-1.jpg

more about your side covers

Replaced LSL crash pads with some kick ass Birdhouse Skateboard wheels...then added a bit-o-protection to the left rear footpeg/exhaust hanger. Then I drilled and mounted my new saddlebag...although I'm not a fan of saddlebages on a Bonnie...they are functional so I thought I'd try something different...yes, it's been done before...but not having mufflers allows me to mount it low and close...
Front left of motor...
ammocan002.jpg

Rear left hanger...
ammocan001.jpg

Then I took an old 45 ammo can that a buddy gave me, drilled some holes, bought a few nuts & bolts...tada!!
ammocan004.jpg

ammocan006.jpg

They ammo can is not getting a fresh coat of paint...I'm keeping the vintage 30 year look it has attained over the years...

Cheers!
MONDO

Your idea for skid pads is neat... but what catches my eye are those side covers. Did you fab those? Do you have a pattern or even a closer pic? I love them bro... nice work.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Thanks Rob...I don't care plastic on my motorcycle...

I actually made the sidecovers out of aluminum...hand cut, filed and shaped. Here are some pictures before I painted them flat black. They mount using the stock rubber grommets and mounting locations. I have tool-free bolts, but the stock screws work just fine too.
Left side
Alsidecovers3003.jpg

Alsidecovers2001.jpg

Alsidecovers010.jpg

Current...
Right side
CascadeHalloweenParty2008043.jpg

Left side
TTpipes007.jpg

The bottle opener is an option...Ha!

AceT100

Rocker
Wow...that guy must get around...oh wait, it's not the same car...your Bakersfield picture has a mooneyes decal on the front cowl!! I guess it's a look-a-like...Nice car though.

Its the same car....Trust me...There ain't that many Nailhead powered coupe gasser's around...The decal was obviously applied after you took your shot, mine was taken Oct 11th 2008

I actually made the sidecovers out of aluminum...hand cut, filed and shaped. Here are some pictures before I painted them flat black. They mount using the stock rubber grommets and mounting locations. I have tool-free bolts, but the stock screws work just fine too.
Left side

Current...
Right side
Left side

The bottle opener is an option...Ha!

I like it man... I am feeling the itch when I look at those. When I look at your bike I feel as though you are missing 1 decal... a "this machine kills fascists" sticker :)

Where can you buy aluminum like that?

Thanks again for the closeups... I love them!

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Its the same car....Trust me...There ain't that many Nailhead powered coupe gasser's around...The decal was obviously applied after you took your shot, mine was taken Oct 11th 2008

I was just kidding Ace! I forgot that sarcasm and the lack of not know each other personally kind of dies when posted on a forum...My mistake...but yes, Nailhead powered gassers running homemade headers with ammo can collectors are very rare...I loved the bomber seats and the chute strapped to the ass of that thing...

Cheers!