Side Car for sale in Richmond, VA

ggRAT

Street Tracker
This side car could be a lot of fun for somebody...
Search for "Side-car - $750 (Short Pump)" on the
richmond.craigslist.org

(My dog's all for it, but my wife isn't, otherwise I'd be buying it!)

koifarm

Hooligan
I'm on it right now! Email sent with offer.
Talked to the owner of the sidecar and it is mine!! Leaving florida tomorrow noon to head up to richmond to pick it up.
I'm stoked!
As you may have noticed, the car is exactly like oregonthruxton's and another guy on the other board cfo4thruxton.
It is a lightweight originally designed for a scooter.
Will post more as it comes down.

Last edited:

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Keep us posted, please.
Here's the same hack on a '74 Triumph Trident. Sweet!
Of course you recognize OregonThruxton's rig on the right.

Attachments

• 1974 Triumph Trident.jpg
    1974 Triumph Trident.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Spirit Eagle on Thruxton.jpg
    Spirit Eagle on Thruxton.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm on it right now! Email sent with offer.
Talked to the owner of the sidecar and it is mine!! Leaving florida tomorrow noon to head up to richmond to pick it up.
I'm stoked!
As you may have noticed, the car is exactly like oregonthruxton's and another guy on the other board cfo4thruxton.
It is a lightweight originally designed for a scooter.
Will post more as it comes down.

Good find. The American Spirit/Eagle hack was designed for a motorcycle, not a scooter. cf04's hack is a clone of mine. I helped him through the process of setting it up...he painted and chequered striped it, like mine. BTW, the Lucas taillight assembly is from a Triumph TR6 car ;)

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Thanks for the posts gentlemen!
I'm sitting an a motel six in fayetville, nc with the sidecar in the back of my chevy s-10 as we speak.
The car is in wonderful shape, only a few minor scratches that could be buffed out.
Windshield needs cutting down but that's a snap!
Tire is good, no cracks, but rim needs pulling off and chrome applied.
Body and frame are super good.
All in all a wonderful find! I still can't believe I drove 1300 miles to get this car! I'll tell you though, It was worth every mile to get it!
Thanks to all of you , special thanks to GGRat, man, I owe you a big one! Well, maybe your wife...lmao............
Thrux sent me some wonderful pics of his setup which will help figure out how to get her mounted correctly. There is an abundance of info on the net which will help as well.
I AM FREAKING STOKED!!!!!! YAAAAAA.......SIDECAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get her home and start cleaning her up and working out the mounts.
The man who sold it is the son of the owner, his dad had it on a late 70's Yamaha 750, pop was quite a character, from the looks of his barn and shop, he had an incredible man cave....wish I had the chance to have a look. Anyway, the son told me a bunch of stories about his dad and the sidecar, apparently mom was not appreciative of the bike or the sidecar but he made her ride in it a few times. lol.....
The dad passed away two years ago and they are just now selling off his things.
By chance of fate, the guy who bought the yamaha did not want the car.
Anyway, let me hit the shower and get some rest, finishing the drive home tomorrow, will send pictures when I get home.
koi

You lucky S.O.B! :D Enjoy it. You drove 1300 miles to pick it up? You certainly deserve it. I would love to see those photo's when you have a minute to pull yourself away from your new project. :worthy::up::D

Thanks for the posts gentlemen!
I'm sitting an a motel six in fayetville, nc with the sidecar in the back of my chevy s-10 as we speak.
The car is in wonderful shape, only a few minor scratches that could be buffed out.
Windshield needs cutting down but that's a snap!
Tire is good, no cracks, but rim needs pulling off and chrome applied.
Body and frame are super good.
All in all a wonderful find! I still can't believe I drove 1300 miles to get this car! I'll tell you though, It was worth every mile to get it!
Thanks to all of you , special thanks to GGRat, man, I owe you a big one! Well, maybe your wife...lmao............
Thrux sent me some wonderful pics of his setup which will help figure out how to get her mounted correctly. There is an abundance of info on the net which will help as well.
I AM FREAKING STOKED!!!!!! YAAAAAA.......SIDECAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get her home and start cleaning her up and working out the mounts.
The man who sold it is the son of the owner, his dad had it on a late 70's Yamaha 750, pop was quite a character, from the looks of his barn and shop, he had an incredible man cave....wish I had the chance to have a look. Anyway, the son told me a bunch of stories about his dad and the sidecar, apparently mom was not appreciative of the bike or the sidecar but he made her ride in it a few times. lol.....
The dad passed away two years ago and they are just now selling off his things.
By chance of fate, the guy who bought the yamaha did not want the car.
Anyway, let me hit the shower and get some rest, finishing the drive home tomorrow, will send pictures when I get home.
koi

"I still can't believe I drove 1300 miles to get this car!"

LOL. Got ya beat...drove 1900 miles round trip to get mine...Eugene, OR to Oceanside, CA.

Check the archives on that other site for posts of mine about the sidecar setup...many posts helping out cf04 with his setup.

koifarm

Hooligan
Thanks Thrux,
Damn, you did drive a piece to get that one! I've been beating the bushes looking for one ever since you posted yours. They are sure hard to come by. The fella who sold it to me said he had a dozen calls but mine was the first one....bingo.....
I'll keep y'all posted on progress as it happens.
Any chance you have plans for your mounts? I know you had them engineered by a fab shop but they are certainly nice.
It also looks like you added two frame tubes, were the factory mounts just not strong enough?
koi

Thanks Thrux,
Damn, you did drive a piece to get that one! I've been beating the bushes looking for one ever since you posted yours. They are sure hard to come by. The fella who sold it to me said he had a dozen calls but mine was the first one....bingo.....
I'll keep y'all posted on progress as it happens.
Any chance you have plans for your mounts? I know you had them engineered by a fab shop but they are certainly nice.
It also looks like you added two frame tubes, were the factory mounts just not strong enough?
koi

No plans. The universal mounts that come with the Spirit/Eagle aren't very safe. The frame tubes are for reinforcement and are part of the lower mount connections.

This site is a good resource: http://www.sidecar.com/stuff2.asp
...and this one: http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Last edited:

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Koi,

I'm really glad someone we "know" bought the sidecar, because now we'll get to follow your progress.

Another resource for you is Tom a/k/a "SCBonneville" on this forum. Tom has experience with sidecars and Bonnevilles. He lives near Augusta, Ga. I'm pretty sure the pictures below are of his rig. (More inspiration!)

Good luck.
GREG

Attachments

• SCbonneville aae.jpg
    SCbonneville aae.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • SCbonneville aaf.jpg
    SCbonneville aaf.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
  • SCbonneville aag.jpg
    SCbonneville aag.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Arrived in florida safely with the sidecar.
Got a lot of 'thumbs ups' from bikers passing me and seeing it in the back.
25 mile traffic jam today with returning easter vacationers headed north.
Pics when I get sorted out.