Shinko 705's

six by six

Two Stroke
You know, I commented on this thread a year ago and pulled the trigger on the 705's. After 2000 miles on them a big block of rear tread peeled off the tire. All the way to the nylon cords and you could almost see the air. Switched to Dunlop D404's immediately. Yes the price is good and I hope y'all have better luck than I did. Just check the tread often.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Thanks for the update and I would love to hear from the others on this thread as I am getting ready to replace my tires again. Thanks.

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
I've got 2200 miles on my 705's with no problems thus far. I ride mostly on tared gravel back roads which seems to wear tires faster and the back is squaring off. I'm down to less than half tread left and expect I will get another 1500 or so miles on them. They have been ok, not great, not bad, and certainly better on the few gravel roads I occasionally cut across than the lasertecs. I'd buy them again, but will probably try something else next time just because.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
My Shinko 712 has about 500 miles on the back of my Bonny. Its great so far and cost less than $60.

Last edited:

Craigore

TT Racer
JUst got these in the mail today, excited to get them on.

I shouldn't need new tubes if I got the same sizes as stock, correct?

Craigore

TT Racer
these tires are GREAT. They look good, and feel good. Very grippy. I do a lot of city riding, some urban off-road stuff, and they're performing well.